Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

translate new version and how update the git

2011-11-05
2014-03-31
  • Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2011-11-05

Hellow Salewell,

We would like to ask what is the procedure to translate the new version in development.

and, once executed "git clone git://kxstitch.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/kxstitch/kxstitch", compiled and installed, what is the command to update?

Thank you.

Joan

• In the folder created when you cloned kxstitch there will be a script called Messages.sh.  If you run it, it will (assuming you have the necessary programs installed) extract any text strings that need to be translated into a file called kxstitch.pot.  It will also merge these text strings into any existing po files in the po folder.

When creating a new translation, copy the kxstitch.pot file into the po folder, renaming it to the locale name for your country with a po extension.  E.g. for UK English, this is en_GB.po which you will find in the po folder already.  You can then use the lokalize program to open the po file and translate the strings that are not yet done, which for a new translation will be all of them.

When the Messages.sh script is run subsequently it will update all the existing po files with any new text strings, you can then use lokalize to edit your specific file and you will only need to translate the new strings.

Check out this page for further details: http://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Concepts/PO_Odyssey

Thank you for making a contribution.

Regards

Steve

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2012-01-22

Hi sallewell,

I have completed two translations, one for the Catalan and the other for Spanish.
    How can I send you the two files *. po?

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2012-03-01

Hey Steve,

Sorry…

You are O.K.?

• Yes I'm fine, thank you for asking.

I must sincerely apologies for not responding to your previous message.  I usually get an email when posts get made but didn't for that one, consequently I missed it.

Regarding your translations, you can send them to me at kxstitch-translations@mirramar.adsl24.co.uk

Which version of kxstitch are they based on?

Thanks for doing them.  I will get them added to the repository when I get them.

Regards

Steve

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2012-03-02

Hello again Steve,

I am glad you are fine. Had me a little worried …

The version of Kxstitch is the 0.9.0

I send you the two translations

Thanks to make this program :)

• I have them now thanks.  I will add them to git later today.

I know things have been quiet recently but I haven't been idle.  I have been spending some time refactoring some code, implementing cut copy and paste, some improvements to the undo/redo framework and implementing a history widget, some bug fixes and lots of doxygen comments.

I shall be updating this to git shortly.

Regards

Steve

• Joan

I have made a significant number of updates to git recently and I am planning on making a release available shortly.  I would appreciate it if you could update your translations for me.

I was hoping to make the release in a week or two.  If you can't manage to do it by then, that's no problem, I can always put out a RC version and get some more feedback before the proper release.

Regards

Steve

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2012-04-24

Hi steve,

Recently I have sent the new translation files.
    I hope you have been reached.

I like how it looks.

Thank you.

• I have just checked kxstitch-translations and your emails were marked as junk so I didn't realise they were there, sorry.

Thanks very much for your efforts. I have another translation to add too and a build issue to fix, so I will probably be making a 9.0.1 release at the end of the week to incorporate these.

Once again thank you.  It is very much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2012-04-27

Hi Steve,

New translation completed and submitted.

• I have them thank you.  A very quick response.  It is much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

• Joan, not sure if you are still following this project, but if you are, would you be able to update the translations that you did? If you can, I will provide an updated po file for you. I have also created a new mailing list for kxstitch-translations if you would like to subscribe.

Regards

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2014-03-08

Hi Steve,
    If you can I spend po, I'll translate them.

See you soon.

• I replied by email, but thought it might have come up in here as a reply, so I'm not sure if you got it. I've attached the files here just in case.

Attachments
  • It wouldn't let me attach 2 files in one post, so here is the second one.

Thanks very much for doing them.

Regards

Attachments
  • Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2014-03-10

Hi Steve,
    I received two files correctly.
    So be translated, send them to you.

See you soon.
    Joan

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2014-03-15

Hi Steve,
    I registered to Transifex and apparently there is a problem with e sourceforge, because I have not received the confirmation email.
    Try it again tomorrow, and if necessary, change my mailing address.

See you soon.

Joan

• Not sure what is going on with it, I had two addresses for you, one at users.sourceforge.net and one at user.sf.net, but both were returned with unknown recipient.

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2014-03-16

Hi Steve,
    I registered in Transifex with another email account.
    My user is JoanTeixi.

Regards.

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2014-03-31

Hello again Steve
    Although I have to study how transifex,
    and to advance work, I send two completed translations.

See you soon.

Joan

Last edit: Joan Teixidó 2014-03-31
    Attachments
  • Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2014-03-31

Hi Steve,

I'm working in transifex.

• Thanks for those. I've update the release to 1.1.1 to include your translations.