Kxstitch for PCLinuxOS - KDE4 version ?

Mélodie
2010-11-16
2013-05-20
  • Mélodie
    Mélodie
    2010-11-16

Hi,

Some time ago, I had given Xstitches a try in a Ubuntu I had settled for a lady who wanted to prepare here x stitches, and had found it very nice.

I read at the users mailing list, your message of October, that you are currently rewriting the program for KDE4. I have requested a package for the PCLinuxOS distribution:
    (New) Kxstitch - http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,82815.0.html

Would it be possible to be informed, when your next version will be ready to go ?

Regards,
    Mélodie

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-04

Yes! needed the qt4 version or support code for KDE4.
    I will make spec-file and build rpms for Mandriva 2010-2011 …

• Mélodie
    Mélodie
    2010-12-04

Hi,

I will be looking forward to it. Thanks !

/We will also be needing source package and all informations about prerequisite for build and so on… we can't use Mandriva rpms, only the informations from src rpms in rpm distributions.

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-07

Unfortunately, without a developer to do something it will be difficult.
    The program package based only on qt3 and hard linked to kde3 libraries :(
    I could install KDE3 libraries from unofficial repository. There were appropriate devel packages - kde3-macros, kde3-libs-common and other. But in the Mandriva >2009 has problems with both qt3+qt4 installed libs. The %configuration script don`t recognize rigths patches for qt3support libs and kde3-devel. The program has not good configure script (dependencies for old libtool, autoconf, automake). And…, the SRC.RPM package don't builded. The program linked with ImageMagic libs, which has bad support for UTF-8 codepage in names of files and directories for import images. (maybe old perl functions) - program crash.
    Log on import cyrilic name file:
    "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Magick::ErrorFileOpen'
      what():  ImageMagick: unable to open file `/home/luckas/??????1.png' @ png.c/ReadPNGImage/2891
    DCOP: unregister 'kxstitch-18984'
    KCrash: crashing… crashRecursionCounter = 2"
    The function of import the libraries of paterns from PCStitch did't recognize the new versions of files (Try 9.Pro) :(
    Conclusion: will be better develop (port) the program code to pure QT4 libs without references to KDE. Then this program will be BEST for manage the stitches. Could be autor do it?…

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-07

But this program builded by hand worked in Mandriva 2010.0 … :)
    If the author can revise it, and I could help him and others. It is very necessary program for Linux and its users (especially women :).

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2010-12-07

Hi, I installed version 0.8.4 on Mandriva 2009.1

It is installed Gnome and no KDE4.
    Once you added all the repositories, you can install KDE 3.5.10

So now I installed meta "task-kde3", "task-kde3-devel" and also (when I did not) the "task-kde4 'and' task-kde4-minimal".

KXStitch currently works perfectly.

I look forward software version for KDE4, but I understand that is a laborious process that must take time and patience.

Thanks.

PS.: This is an automatic translation. Excuse my English.

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-08

Yes, it works in Mandriva 2010.0 (compiled by hand) but not perfectly :)
    I use KDE4 as default desktop and kde3-libs for this situation is deprecated and not good choise.
    This program must be independance from KDE3 or 4, will be better if kxstitch works without links for desktop manager libs.
    Import, preview and other functions in program would better links for small original libs or apps (libjpeg, libpng, etc., whitch periodically updated, good tested, but saved basic functions and compatibilities with older versions. This is Unix-way.

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-08

joan4, do you have the 0.8.4.1 SRC.RPM, (can send me spec-file for 2009.1)?

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2010-12-08

I have the 0.8.4-rc1 version compiled in mandriva 2009.1

tell me which file is the one you need to send it.

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-09

If you have the kxstitch.spec or kxstitch-0.8.4.*.src.rpm - please send me it to luckas_fb.mail.ru

• Joan Teixidó
    Joan Teixidó
    2010-12-09

Hello again.

Unfortunately I could not find the files you ask. But then I realized it is very difficult to have a file "*. rpm" since I downloaded a tarball from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kxstitch/files/kxstitch/

• Mélodie
    Mélodie
    2010-12-09

Hi,
    When I need a src rpm I just go to the web and look for it. There are a few places where some can be found.

luckas_fb, I found an interesting thread that was raised just yesterday at Redhat/Fedora bugzilla. There are spec files for this version there, and interesting discussion:
    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=646139

I fear it won't be possible to get a new version fit for the Kde4 desktop ? Is that right ?