Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Photo preview not working...

2010-09-13
2013-05-20
  • Hello,

I've installed KXStich on Ubuntu 10.04 GNOME. All seems to be well except the preview of photos is not showing anything (the preview box is marked). The only thing there is some kind of bleak logo. Is there something I do wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks for help
    Juliusz

• Are you referring to the preview when importing pictures.  If so, this is working correctly for me, and has not been reported a s problem by anyone else.  Does everything else work, adding flosses to the palette, creating stitches on the canvas?

• Thanks for quick replay.

I am very new to Linux/GNOME.

I have the KXStich just for few days and did not test all the features yet.

Yes preview (while selecting files) when importing an image - so I cannot select which image to import. After I select an image and press Import the next screen shows the image properly and imports it ok.

I would insert

You asked about the floss. Well I tried to create a palette (Twice) and first time after entering the name and 'OK' the program just shut-down. I run it again and the second time the same action did just nothing and then shut-down.

Mind you I am running the GNOME desktop and not KDE. Would this have anything to do with the problems?

Juliusz

Preview screen

After "Import' pressed

•  
  • I am sorry but I do not know how to add screenshot images…

J

• The image preview when selecting a file for import is a function of the KDE file open dialog.  It has nothing to do with KXStitch.  This may be a problem related to running KDE applications on Gnome.

Regarding the floss palette, the create palette function is intended to allow the user to create a palette containing the flosses that already exist in the working palette.  (I must get around to disabling it when there are no flosses present).   The way you would normally work is: start KXStitch, open the palette manager and select a colour in the right hand column (this contains all the available colours for a scheme like DMC or Anchor, etc, whichever one is set in the File Properties dialog), then use the << button to transfer it to the left column which represents the working palette.  Keep doing this for each colour required.  After clicking OK the working palette view will be populated with the colours selected.  You could use the create palette at this point to create a palette just using those colours but it isn't necessary unless you have a specific requirement to do so.

Once this is done, you can use the tools to create patterns.  Importing images will automatically populate the working palette with any colours required for the image.

Have a try with this information and see how things work out for you.  Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Steve

• Thank you Steve,

I understand the preview problem and I am actually working on it - I am trying to compile/install KXStitch on GNOME from the latest source. You've probably received email from me though SourceForge regarding the 'make' problems I have.

Thank you for your time to explain to me the palette function.

I do have both './configure' and 'make' output in text files but I am not sure if sending it to you is the right way to do and things… In the 'make' output there are few last lines with errors which I do not understand (new to Linux).

If you are not interested installing KXStitch on GNONE please just let me know although I would be willing to take some time to translate the KXStich into my native Polish language… :-)

Update 16 Sep:

I was able to compile and installed the newest KXStitch 0.8.4.1. Just missing many, many libraries - sorry for bothering you unnecessary.

The preview is not working in the new version but as you said this is GNOME and I will fiddle with it.

Thank you again.

• I found one more problem more significant then the preview issue. Help does not work.  KXStitch Handbook displays:

"Could not launch the KDE Help Center. KDEInit could not launch 'khelpcenter'. Could not find 'khelpcenter' executable." message.

It did not work in the previous .deb version and I though that after compiling from source it will work. I somehow managed to compile/install the newest source version.

The above message tells me that as far as a crosstitch software is concerned I should have installed KDE…?

Is there any way for me to somehow to compile/install or do whatever that I can have the help available?

In the INSTALL text there is nothing about other parts of the software - I thought a 'package' includes the help.

If you could:

Tell me something about the help issue I would be grateful.

Also as I am not familiar with programming is there a sense for you to just, I don't know, point me to modules and functions dealing with the 'import-image-preview' so I can search for the differences KDE/GNOME (Qt/GTK+)?

I mean as I have spare time and could try and (learn) in the end the KXStitch could be working on both desktops.

Am I making any sense? I proposing two options: 1. That you give me ONCE some basic/brief no detail indicators what, where and I will try to learn and change things. 2. If I fail I will just leave it as it is, and will not bother you - except an obvious bug.

Thanks
    Juliusz

• Juliusz

KXStitch displays the manual via an internal function called invokeHelp which uses the KHelpCenter as shown in the message your received about it being missing.  This may be simple to resolve by  sudo apt-get install khelpcenter at a console or use the package manager.  Regarding the deb package, as the developer I only supply source code which does include the help files, however whoever creates the deb package for your distribution perhaps didn't include it in the package or it may be available as a separate package.

The image preview in the file selection dialog is part of the core kde functionality and as such I don't really know how it all works as it isn't something I needed to know.  You could try looking at the KFileDialog code to see how it works.

Theoretically KXStitch works just fine on Gnome as I am aware other users run it on ubuntu.  Assuming you install khelpcenter and the help works, I think all should be working correctly.  Give it a try and let me know if it works and if you run into any more problems.

Your offer of a translation is welcome and if you can get that done I will upload it to CVS and include it in future releases.

Regards

Steve

• Hi,

Thanks for replay. I installed the khelpcenter and the help for KDE stuff itself works now well but there is no help for KXStitch. The entry in the help tree is there but it is empty )no help for KXStitch.

I will keep looking for the preview business but for now I see it is beyond my skills - but I have some time.

The translation is still on but I have to find out how it is done. Remember, I am using Ubuntu/gnome just for few days…

I lodged a possible bug in the 'bug' place on source forge re: default settings.

After just a few days of using KXStitch I think you did great job - better than the other software I used on Windows.

Regards Juliusz

• Could you send me the output of make install so I can see where files are being put.

Thanks

Steve

• Steve I didn't know how to add a file…

## Steve,
    ## I run configure several times/ installing missing libraries.
    ## eventually I needed to run it with option 'configure -without-arts'
    ## there was persistent missing something 'magick' (I lost the output but I
    ## can recreate it from scratch). Then make complained about Xtest.h for a while.
    ## It installed but maybe the 'without-arts' is the cause of the preview not working.
    ## I could not figure out how to solve it. I also think that I have now
    ## hundreds installed libraries that are not used but its ok.
    ##
    ## I ran the make install on installed KXStitch so maybe make just updated it?
    ## I know just that there is this very powerfull make utility but
    ## that is all I know about make.

andrew@juliusz-LINUX:~/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1$ sudo make install
    <========================>
    Makefile:873: warning: overriding commands for target `clean-bcheck'
    Makefile:836: warning: ignoring old commands for target `clean-bcheck'
    Makefile:878: warning: overriding commands for target `bcheck-am'
    Makefile:841: warning: ignoring old commands for target `bcheck-am'
    Making install in kxstitch
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch'
    Making install in pixmap
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch/pixmap'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch/pixmap'
    make: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./alphabet.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/alphabet.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./alpha.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/alpha.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./appearance.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/appearance.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./appendpage.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/appendpage.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./backstitch.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/backstitch.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./bl3q.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/bl3q.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./blq.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/blq.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./bltrhf.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/bltrhf.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./br3q.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/br3q.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./brq.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/brq.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./centerpattern.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/centerpattern.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./colorpicker.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/colorpicker.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./eraser.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/eraser.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./extpattern.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/extpattern.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./f_ellipse.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/f_ellipse.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./f_rect.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/f_rect.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./frknot.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/frknot.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./full.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/full.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./insertpage.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/insertpage.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./o_ellipse.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/o_ellipse.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./o_rect.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/o_rect.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./paintbrush.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/paintbrush.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./pencil.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/pencil.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./polyline.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/polyline.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./s_rect.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/s_rect.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./tl3q.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/tl3q.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./tlbrhf.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/tlbrhf.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./tlq.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/tlq.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./tr3q.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/tr3q.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./trq.png /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/toolbar/trq.png
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch/pixmap'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch/pixmap'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch'
    test -z "/usr/bin" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/bin"
      /bin/bash ../libtool -silent   -mode=install /usr/bin/install -c -p  'kxstitch' '/usr/bin/kxstitch'
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/applnk/Graphics/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./kxstitch.desktop /usr/share/applnk/Graphics/kxstitch.desktop
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/mimelnk/application/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./kxstitch-mime.desktop /usr/share/mimelnk/application/kxstitch.desktop
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/icons/locolor/32x32/apps/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./lo32-app-kxstitch.png /usr/share/icons/locolor/32x32/apps/kxstitch.png
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./lo16-app-kxstitch.png /usr/share/icons/locolor/16x16/apps/kxstitch.png
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./hi32-app-kxstitch.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/kxstitch.png
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/schemes/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./flossScheme.dtd /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/schemes/flossScheme.dtd
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./dmc.xml /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/schemes/dmc.xml
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./anchor.xml /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/schemes/anchor.xml
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./madeira.xml /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/schemes/madeira.xml
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./jp_coates.xml /usr/share/apps/kxstitch/schemes/jp_coates.xml
    /bin/bash ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/man/man1/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./kxstitch.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1/kxstitch.1.gz
    test -z "/usr/share/config.kcfg" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/config.kcfg"
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 'kxstitch.kcfg' '/usr/share/config.kcfg/kxstitch.kcfg'
    test -z "/usr/share/apps/kxstitch" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/share/apps/kxstitch"
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 'kxstitchui.rc' '/usr/share/apps/kxstitch/kxstitchui.rc'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/kxstitch'
    Making install in po
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/po'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/po'
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ru.gmo /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kxstitch.mo
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 en_GB.gmo /usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/kxstitch.mo
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ca.gmo /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/kxstitch.mo
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 cs.gmo /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/kxstitch.mo
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 nl.gmo /usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/kxstitch.mo
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/po'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/po'
    Making install in doc
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc'
    Making install in en
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/en'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/en'
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 inslib.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/inslib.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 config.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/config.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 libprop.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/libprop.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 print.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/print.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 patterns.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/patterns.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 front.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/front.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 features.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/features.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 map.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/map.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 editcontext1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/editcontext1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 import.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/import.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 printing.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/printing.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 calcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/calcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 install.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/install.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 palmanager.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/palmanager.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 face.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/face.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 usage.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/usage.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 dialogs.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/dialogs.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 index.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/index.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 editcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/editcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 commands.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/commands.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 introduction.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/introduction.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 credits.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/credits.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 palcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/palcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 symsel.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/symsel.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 text.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/text.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 newcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/newcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 text1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/text1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 properties.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/properties.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 faq.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/faq.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 main.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/main.png
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 index.cache.bz2 /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/
    rm -f /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/common
    ln -s /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/common
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./index.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/index.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./palmanager.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/palmanager.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./symsel.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/symsel.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./calcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/calcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./config.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/config.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./editcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/editcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./editcontext1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/editcontext1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./front.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/front.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./import.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/import.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./inslib.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/inslib.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./libprop.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/libprop.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./main.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/main.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./map.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/map.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./newcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/newcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./palcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/palcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./print.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/print.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./properties.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/properties.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./text.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/text.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./text1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/text1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./usage.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kxstitch/usage.png
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/en'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/en'
    Making install in nl
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/nl'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/nl'
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 inslib.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/inslib.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 config.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/config.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 libprop.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/libprop.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 print.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/print.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 patterns.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/patterns.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 front.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/front.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 features.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/features.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 map.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/map.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 editcontext1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/editcontext1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 import.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/import.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 printing.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/printing.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 calcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/calcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 install.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/install.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 palmanager.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/palmanager.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 face.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/face.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 usage.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/usage.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 dialogs.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/dialogs.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 index.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/index.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 editcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/editcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 commands.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/commands.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 introduction.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/introduction.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 credits.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/credits.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 palcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/palcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 symsel.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/symsel.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 text.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/text.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 newcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/newcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 text1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/text1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 properties.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/properties.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 faq.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/faq.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 main.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/main.png
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 index.cache.bz2 /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/
    rm -f /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/common
    ln -s /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/nl/common /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/common
    /bin/bash ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./index.docbook /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/index.docbook
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./palmanager.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/palmanager.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./symsel.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/symsel.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./calcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/calcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./config.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/config.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./editcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/editcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./editcontext1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/editcontext1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./front.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/front.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./import.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/import.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./inslib.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/inslib.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./libprop.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/libprop.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./main.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/main.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./map.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/map.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./newcolor.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/newcolor.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./palcontext.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/palcontext.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./print.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/print.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./properties.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/properties.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./text.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/text.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./text1.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/text1.png
    /usr/bin/install -c -p -m 644 ./usage.png /usr/share/doc/HTML/nl/kxstitch/usage.png
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/nl'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc/nl'
    make: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1/doc'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1'
    make: Entering directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1'
    make: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1'
    make: Leaving directory `/home/andrew/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1'
    <=====================>
    andrew@juliusz-LINUX:~/Downloads/KXStich/kxstitch-0.8.4.1$

Regards
    Juliusz

• Preview again.

Steve if I am not mistaken I found nice application Gwenview developed under KDE installed it and the previews work on my GNOME!

The app is Gwenview

I will grab the source and fiddle with it but for me it still is like reading very foreign language.

Juliusz

• Juliusz

Regarding ARTS, this is part of the audio system, so it isn't relevant to KXStitch.

Regarding 'magick', this refers to ImageMagick which is a graphical library providing some functionality to KXStitch, it is essential so you need to be sure it is installed along with the development headers and Magick++, the C++ API.

For the help system, I have just realised the problem may be language related.  The help system will be looking for a Polish version of the help text and since there isn't any it won't be displayed.  If that is the case, I think that if you open khelpcenter and under the help menu there is a switch application language option, this allows selection of a fallback language, I would suggest adding the British English and the American English.  Hopefully this will then select the English language help for KDE since there is no Polish version.

Regarding the image preview, can you send me a screen shot of the problem directly to my email address stephen@mirramar.adsl24.co.uk, just so I can be sure we are talking about the same thing.  I am familiar with GwenView as a graphics viewer and it may well be doing its own previews, I'm not sure!

Regards

Steve

• Mélodie
    Mélodie
    2010-11-16

Hi sciezyna,

Your image can be seen only by you : you don't have a web server on your machine. You may want to go to a place on the web where they allow you to upload images, then bring the link to it here. (ie: http://imageshack.us, anyhow there are many of theses websites… )

• LuckAs
    LuckAs
    2010-12-07

Hi Juliusz!

The bugs for preview and import the images may be related to perl scrips with ImageMagic (non UTF-8 support). Try the names of directories and files by latin (only english symbols). Good luck.