From: Thomas Eschenbacher <Thomas.E<schenbacher@gm...> - 2005-01-01 21:22:33
I recently released Kwave version 0.7.2.
The major changes were:
* big rework of the internal streaming/storage subsystem,
support for multiple stripes.
Makes a big speedup when handling large files!
Creating an empty 512MB file before: over 350 sec,
now: about 25 sec (on my system)
* optimized versions of memcpy() for ix86 (using MMX, MMXEXT,
3DNOW, SSE, SSE2) and for PowerPC, copied from the xine project
* some support for X86_64
* bugfix: in memory setup plugin, set virtual memory limit only if
the limit has been enabled (checkbox is clicked)
* bugfix: clipping in Ogg import filter was incorrect
* speedups: import of Ogg and MP3 files improved
* removed code copied from the GSL library, link against the
shared library instead
* added target "package-messages" to the toplevel Makefile,
I tested compilation under the following distributions:
* Gentoo (ebuild is still in progress)