Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Help me with PIC

Help
2010-11-06
2013-04-24
  • omkar sudame
    omkar sudame
    2010-11-06

with reference to section 2.3 micro-controllers whenever I am dragging PIC into circuit page it is showing just a block saying no program loaded but no physical pin structure also not asking for choice of PIC.

• allenm
    allenm
    2010-11-07

You need a code file to load into the PIC processor. Without some code the PIC icon is "dead"; it has no connectors so you can't hook it up to any components.

All you need to do is FILE>NEW, select ".flowcode" and "OK". Then pull anything from the "Flow Part" tool bar onto the workspace. I just pulled a "Start" icon over. Save it. Open your "circuit" file, select the PIC processor icon and then go find the .flowcode file you just created and OK that. You should be able to attach components to the PIC at that point.

• omkar sudame
    omkar sudame
    2010-11-08

I tried it but whenever I am specifying location of flow-code file instantly program is getting terminated itself, I tried even after pausing simulation.

• allenm
    allenm
    2010-11-08

I can't help you with the termination problem. I run into it myself all the time. The program just crashes sometime when I do something I've done before successfully. Ah the joys of open source code.

• Zoltan P
    Zoltan P
    2010-11-08

When ktechlab suddenly closes, than it has just crashed.
    We (developers) know about the problem and we are working on a better version. If you look into the source code, then you won't wonder why it crashes ;)
    Of course if the problem is reproducible, then feel free to file a bug report about it, and we try to fix it.