Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Checking out documents, revision control

Anonymous
2012-06-16
2013-05-28

• Anonymous
    2012-06-16

Hi there, I'm trying out Kordil EDMS for the first time and have some questions about how it works.

1) If I upload a document to the server and then want to make changes to the document, how do I check out the document? Does this keep other users from being able to check out and edit the document too?

2) Then, how do I check a document back in and have the revision change automatically?

3) Is there a way to have EDMS generate the document numbers automatically?

Thanks

• Harun Karaman
    Harun Karaman
    2012-07-09

1- Kordil EDMS is not a document processing platform is for publishing documents.
    2- ??
    3- Only in the newest version which is under test. May take a while more to release it.

• Anonymous
    2013-04-10

Hi, I'm still evaluating various document control programs.

I guess what I'm asking is:
    Does Kordil EDMS do version tracking (like subversion), or is it just a library of documents?

It seems that I can keep a record of document versions in Kordil EDMS, but the actual version control (checkout - edit - checkin) must be one by another application.  Is this correct?

Thanks