Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Pasting rows into table

Help
2011-09-23
2013-04-03
  • Greg Ercolano
    Greg Ercolano
    2011-09-23

I have a table with many rows of cells that have special css attributes, and need to be able to add new rows to the table that have the same carefully configured cell attributes (eg. css classes, specific padding, etc)

I know about Insert -> Row, but this makes blank rows that have no attributes, so it takes forever to update all the attributes each time if one needs to add, say, 10 new rows.

I tried to select a row, then paste copies, but it seems to always want to paste the new row into the selected cell, instead of below the currently selected row.

When I try to select the table to paste the row, the row replaces the table instead of pasting into it.

Is there a way to select a row and then paste copies?

• Greg Ercolano
    Greg Ercolano
    2011-09-23

I guess one workaround is to go into "Source" mode, and select the  <tr>..</tr> section I want to copy, and make copies that way. Then when I hit ^S, the table updates with the new copies.

That seems to work OK - just wondering if there's a WYSIWYG equivalent in 'Design' mode.