KMid2 is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4. It runs in Linux, using the ALSA Sequencer.
KMid2 plays MIDI and karaoke files to hardware MIDI devices or software synthesizers. It supports playlists, MIDI mappers, tempo (speed), volume and pitch (transpose) controls and configurable character encoding, font and color for lyrics. The graphic views include a rhythm view (visual metronome), a channels window with solo/muting controls and instrument selectors, and a piano player window (Pianola).
Changes for this release:
* Automatic detection of lyrics text encodings
* Get channel labels from SMF metadata (tracks names)
* Pianola window: added labels showing the channel labels
* Check the runtime ALSA driver version for advanced MIDI ports
* Patch from Kevin Kofler adding a "pulseaudio" option for TiMidity++
* Fixed a memory leak
* Fixed command line play lists handling
* Fixed settings dialog: soft-synth audio output combos and apply button
Copyright (C) 2009-2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
KMid2 is free software distributed under the terms of the GPL v2 license.