Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Compilation: make can't find some files (and precompiled doesn't work)

Help
Anonymous
2013-12-29
2014-01-05

• Anonymous
    2013-12-29

Hi!
    I'm compiling kiwix0.9rc2 on Ubuntu 12.04.3 ('cause the precompiled executable says some funny errors like

Unable to import library.jsm. TypeError: Components.classes['@kiwix.org/contentManager'] is undefined
    Unable to register the zimAccessor XPCOM, Kiwix will be unable to read ZIM files.
    Unable to register the xapianAccessor XPCOM, Kiwix will be unable to provide the search engine.
    Unable to register the zimXapianIndexer XPCOM, Kiwix will be unable to index ZIM files.
    Unable to register the cluceneAccessor XPCOM, Kiwix will be unable to provide the Clucene search engine.
    Unable to register the zimCluceneIndexer XPCOM, Kiwix will be unable to index ZIM files with Clucene.
    Unable to register the contentManager XPCOM, Kiwix will be unable to deal with content.
    Unable to register the serverManager XPCOM.
    Unable to populateLastOpenMenu(): ReferenceError: library is not defined
    Unable to populate Content Manager: ReferenceError: library is not defined
    Unable to check current book: ReferenceError: library is not defined
    Unable to populateLastOpenMenu(): ReferenceError: library is not defined
    Unable to download the Metalink...

) and the compilation process encountered some problems:

$ make
    [...]
    /usr/bin/python: can't open file '/home/valentino/Scrivania/wikipedia/kiwix-0.9/src/dependencies/xulrunner-sdk/bin/typelib.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

solved with:

$ cd src/dependencies/xulrunner-sdk/bin
    $ ln -s ../sdk/bin/typelib.py ./
    $ cd -
    $ make

problem:

/usr/bin/python: can't open file '/home/valentino/Scrivania/wikipedia/kiwix-0.9/src/dependencies/xulrunner-sdk/bin/header.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

solved with:

$ cd src/dependencies/xulrunner-sdk/bin
    $ ln -s ../sdk/bin/header.py ./
    $ cd -
    $ make

problem:

zimAccessor.cpp:38:33: fatal error: nsIGenericFactory.h: No such file or directory

this seems related to this old closed bug.

(I tried installing the old xulrunner-1.9.2-dev and his dependency libhunspell-1.2-0 but this didn't help)

No differencies at all compiling trunk from git repo.

Thanks,
    Ilario

• Dear Ilario, Compiling Kiwix is not the most simplest thing...I would prefer to help you to get the pre-compiled stuff running. We use Ubuntu and we know it runs. What are the errors you get?

• Here I am! I solved the problem with the precompiled version: I had no symlinks in kiwix-linux/xulrunner. I think that this was caused by a bug of my old version of "file-roller" software used for decompression of .zip file.
        Regarding the compilation process: is there a guide?
        Thanks 'n' bye!
        Ilario

• Anonymous
    2014-01-03

Here I am! I solved the problem with the precompiled version: I had no symlinks in kiwix-linux/xulrunner. I think that this was caused by a bug of my old version of file-roller used for decompression of .zip file.
    For the compilation process: is there a guide?
    Thanks 'n' bye!
    Ilario

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments