Diego Ruiz
2005-02-28
2012-07-03
  • Diego Ruiz
    Diego Ruiz
    2005-02-28

Hi all!

I've tried to upgrade from Kile 1.6 to 1.7 and found the following problem:

When running /.config I get an error message indicating that config is unable to finding the X files and, consequently, the installation can not be finished.

Does anyone have a hint?
    Thanks,
    Diego

• Sure, no problem: You see, to compile software you need to install the so-called development packages of the libraries the application depends on. For Kile this
      means you need to install the development packages
      of:
      X
      Qt
      KDE
      On SuSE (for example) these are the x-devel, qt-devel and kde-devel packages. It depends on your distro how to do this exactly.

best,
      Jeroen

• Diego Ruiz
      Diego Ruiz
      2005-03-02

Hi!

I'm sorry but I'm just kindly asking for help. I'm not blaming no one or ignoring any kind message. It is just that I'm not and expert in linux platforms and find trouble for installing Kile.
      The source of my guess -yes, it is a guess- is that, given that I'm already using Kile 1.6, the origin of the error message must be that I'm missing some option when using /.config and not that the X-devel packages are not installed (considering that Kile 1.6 also needs them for running).

The command I'm using is:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-3.3

and I get the error message:

configure:27722: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!

the X paths are:

/usr/X11R6
      /usr/X11R6/include
      /usr/bin/X11
      /usr/lib/X11
      /etc/X11

Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for your help.
      Sincerely,
      Diego Ruiz

• Diego Ruiz
      Diego Ruiz
      2005-03-01

Hi!

I guess that's not the problem. As long as Kile 1.6 was already running in my computer that means that all the X files are already available. Actually I've already checked for them three (X together with Qt and KDE) and they are present in my system.
      I think that the problem is that CONFIG can not find the X ones, and I dont know how to tell it where they are. I'm working in a Fedora 2 dist.

Thanks,
      Diego

• You guess that is not the problem or do you KNOW that this is not the problem. The configure scripts tells you that it cannot find the X includes, ignoring this message won't help you. So, where are the X includes installed?

best,
      Jeroen