Kile Crashed and caused a signal 6

kile
JJBB
2005-05-04
2012-07-03
  • JJBB
    JJBB
    2005-05-04

I just installed 1.7 from the rpm for Fedora 3 on KDE 3.3 and all went well, but upon opening the software (via GUI) I get a flash and then the signal 6 message. The "backtrace" gives:

This backtrace appears to be of no use.
    This is probably because your packages are built in a way which prevents creation of proper backtraces, or the stack frame was seriously corrupted in the crash.

and then a lot of (no debugging symbols found)

I once was able to open it via the terminal, but then the system hanged on the first window...something about "Note: the User menu..." is open on top and my system hangs.

I hope there's a nice solution.
    Thanks!

• Try installing from source, it could be that the rpm wasn't a perfect match for your system.

Without any more details it is hard/impossible to tell what is wrong.

best
      Jeroen

• JJBB
      JJBB
      2005-05-10

I had some problems compiling (AMD64 libraries I think were the problem) but fixed it by using the following:
      (Borrowed somewhat from http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-18389.html)

1) go to /usr/lib64/qt-3.3 and do "ln -s lib lib64" to create a symlink from /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib to /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64.

2) ./configure --enable-libsuffix=64 --prefix=/usr --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3

then, make and make install...

I look forward to using the software! Thanks!
      James