Thanks for the hard work for this client! I was trying to use
iaxcomm before - very ugly!
It would be good to have integration with kaddressbook:
* In kaddressbook, it is possible to set up a "phone"
application to be opened when you click on a phone number.
Kiax doesn't seem to take command-line parameters to do
this. I guess you'd want a parameter for account to use (or use
default if not specified), and one for number to ring.
* Show all the kaddressbook contacts in the "Contacts" tab.
It's irritating to have to add all your contacts to Kiax when
they're already in kaddressbook! With my VoIP provider, I just
ring the same number as I would from my landline - no
Better KDE integration in general would be good:
* Respond to the normal KDE command line parameters; e.g.
* Use arts for sound (though I guess maybe this is an iax
library issue, not a Kiax one?)
* Use the KDE language, and drop the "Language" menu.
* Use standard KDE 'Help' menu
* Use standard KDE toolbar menu
I see that kiax isn't linked against any KDE libraries - just pure
QT. Though this might make it more portable, it does leave you
in danger of falling between two stools - works anywhere, but
fits in nowhere! Maybe you could make KDE integration
optional at compile-time if you feel strongly about only requiring
My e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up the good work!
David Anderson esq.