Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

KIAX : mute button

rodrigof
2007-02-08
2013-04-25
  • rodrigof
    rodrigof
    2007-02-08

Hi,

My company is using Kiax phones at helpdesk. But I had to implent a very useful caracteristic to them : a MUTE button.
    To do this I downloaded the last version of KIAX for Windows. I had to download QT-4 and MSYS. But the ui files were designed at QT-3. So I used designer-qt3 at LINUX to edit this resource file and to add a new QAction to mute and include it at the main Toolbar.
    So designer-qt3 changed the file mainwindow.cpp and added the function mute()bellow . So I used iaxclient functions to implement the mute.

void KiaxMainWindowUi::mute()
    {
        if ( i_toggleMute != 0 ) {
            i_toggleMute = 0;
             iaxc_set_silence_threshold(-99); //unmute input  
        } else {
            i_toggleMute = 1;
            iaxc_set_silence_threshold(0);  // mute input
        }
    }

With these changes I compiled via qt-4 the KIAX code at Windows.
    It's a good sugestion for KIAX new versions : a MUTE button.

Sincerelly,

Rodrigo Franca

• Emo
      Emo
      2007-02-08

Hi Rodrigo,

The mute option has been requested earlier too, and is mostly sure it will be integrated.
      I looked at the code and found that actually you tell the iaxclient to enable silence suppression,
      where 0 in the case equals the maximum level of input as a threshold for the filter.

For the purpose of muting it is better to use the function:

double currentInputLevel = iaxc_input_level_get(); // get the current input level
      iaxc_input_level_set(-99);

and to unmute:

iaxc_input_level_set(currentInputLevel);

Try with this approach and tell me if it works for you the way you expect it.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

Greetings,
      Emil