Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Error Message

Anonymous
2013-11-02
2013-11-04

• Anonymous
    2013-11-02

I got following error message:
    Failed in accessing MySQL database system.
    KH Coder will exit now

I tried re-installing on my desktop, as you suggested for another person. But that didn't seem to help. Any ideas as to what is going on?

• HIGUCHI Koichi
    HIGUCHI Koichi
    2013-11-03

When did you see this error message? When you were creating new project? Or when you started pre-processing?

And can you post the rest of the message?

Last edit: HIGUCHI Koichi 2013-11-04

• Anonymous
    2013-11-03

So I think it is a problem with the target file -- but I can't figure out what the problem is. I can use the Botchen file and search it with my theme, but my file doesn't work. I get the error message that I attached a picture of.

Last edit: Anonymous 2013-11-03
    Attachments
  • HIGUCHI Koichi
    HIGUCHI Koichi
    2013-11-04

Are you using tags like <h1> in your data?

If so, please note that you have to apply tags only for you headings. Headings like "Chapter I" in the Botchan data. And you have to close the headings with closing tags like </h1>.

• Anonymous
    2013-11-04

I do have tags. I modeled them on the example your provided. My tags look like this:
    <h1>TEXT1</h1>

but I do have a lot of them, as the individual units are small (they are tweets). Could that be the problem? I searched the text for "<" and ">" -- outside of the tags, and I didn't find any. Are there other characters that could be a problem? Because I am dealing with tweets, the data contains ?, #, @, etc... I've attached a screen shot of the data so that you can see what it looks like.

Attachments
  • HIGUCHI Koichi
    HIGUCHI Koichi
    2013-11-04

You need to insert LF (line-break) after all closing tags like </h1>.

Or, you don't need any tags, if tweets are separated by LF (line-break). Then KH Coder will recognize tweets as paragraphs.

About NG characters, you have to delete all "\" from your data.

• Anonymous
    2013-11-04

Thanks!

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments