ODBC

Help
team a
2010-03-11
2013-02-25
  • team a
    team a
    2010-03-11

I'm looking for information about creating an ODBC connection on Windows.  I'm trying to connect to an Access database that's hosted locally.

I'm new to ODBC but I have some knowledge of databases and connections.  I have programmatically accessed Access 2007 databases before, but using OLEDB, not ODBC.

I noticed that choosing an ODBC connection requires a hostname/port.  I think I can figure out the correct connection string for the database, but is there any way I can use it, like a configuration file that Kevora will read from?

I know that the connection string should be
          Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=<path to mdb/accdb file>
    Found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en

I've also set up the ODBC connection using the ODBC MMC snap-in (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.msc - I'm running Windows 7 x64 and since there are no 64-bit drivers, this is the 32-bit version.)  Since Kevora is 32-bit, I assume that this won't be an issue.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

• Hello!

I'm sorry to say, but ODBC support is not yet implemented. But if you are interested on helping us to provide it, you could help us implementing code for Kevora. Actually, we are just redefining how ODBC connections will be configured by the user on kevora's GUI.

Regards,
    Antonio Menezes.