Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Database open failed! m_pMgr->OpenDatabase

2008-10-27
2013-04-22
  • Tried opening a test.kdb file with 6,627KB of content saved in the storage card of a WinMobile 2003 SE device, and received the following error from the KeePassPPC dialog window after entering the password:

"Database open failed! Error calling m_pMgr->OpenDatabase"

1. Is this a bug?

2. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

The same test.kdb file opens perfectly OK using the KeePass for PC.

Thanks.

• Tobias
      Tobias
      2008-10-29

Well can be any of these error reasons:

PWE_INVALID_PARAM
      PWE_NOFILEACCESS_READ
      PWE_INVALID_FILEHEADER
      PWE_NO_MEM
      PWE_INVALID_FILESIGNATURE
      PWE_INVALID_FILESIZE
      PWE_CRYPT_ERROR
      OpenDatabaseV1 failure
      OpenDatabaseV2 failure

So translated into english that is: invalid parameters in the function call, cannot access file for reading, cannot detect a valid keepass file header, not enough memory available on the system to load the database, invalid filesignature, invalid file size, error in decrypting the database, error opening a database v1, error in opening a database v2.

Needless to say that i never ever had this problem, otherwhise i would have put a bit more information in the error message.

So when you say 6,627KB, is that ~7KB database for you or ~7MB database? ( , is interpreted differently across the world). If the latter is the case, then i would guess a 7MB database is simply much too big to be opened on your device.

Bests,
      Tobias