J2SE implementation

2010-05-07
2013-05-13
  • Frits Walraven
    Frits Walraven
    2010-05-07

Is there a J2SE implementation of KeePass?
    If not, can I use the J2ME code to start with?  Which code is part of the presentation layer of J2ME? Is there more code dependend on J2ME?
    Regards,
    Frits

• Stepan
    Stepan
    2010-05-13

Use the search, the first thing that I found:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/javakeepass/
    Probably there are more projects.

KeePass for J2ME database code may be used to work with kdb on J2SE, other code like GUI and etc J2ME specific.
    But J2ME version does not contain some things, such as memory protection.
    If you wish you can use the J2ME version as a basis, the license GPL v2.

• Frits Walraven
    Frits Walraven
    2010-05-15

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your reply. I had actually looked at that project but there were no source files and the last post was almost 1400 days ago. I am now looking at your code and trying to break it down into small (and understandable) parts. Are you willing to answer some questions if I get stuck?

Regards,
    Frits

• Do you have looked at this one ?
    http://code.google.com/p/keepass4j/

I just started to use it and is working for my purpose of creating a command line interface.
    I will probably release my code when the application is ready.

• Stepan
    Stepan
    2010-05-17

If you still decide to use this project (KeePass for J2ME) as a base, I'll try to answer your questions.

In the future, I also planned to use the database code in J2SE. The code is optimized for J2ME, but it does not mean that it is bad for J2SE. Maybe the current implementation is not too structured. The main thing now stabilizing, after will be polished.

• Frits Walraven
    Frits Walraven
    2010-05-18

Thanks Ivan & Stepan for your replies. I have decided to make a start from the J2ME source files. In case of any questions you will here from me ;)
    Regards,
    Frits