Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

multiple account 1 website

Help
Fabio S
2010-02-01
2012-11-19
  • Fabio S
    Fabio S
    2010-02-01

the last time i used a firefox plugin "secure login", i was really confident,  now i am testing keefox and keepass.  I have three google accounts.  Now what to do? how can i tell keepass to put the right login information into the loginform?!?

Securelogin works with an Shortcut , if you have more than 1 account - it asks you in a small popup username you want to login. it's very easy.

is it possible to configure a shortcut like "ALT+N" to login to the pages
    is it possible that keefox/keepass asks you in a small popup which username you want to use?

I am not able to find any configuration like that?

thanks for your help

tempes2k

• Luckyrat
    Luckyrat
    2010-02-01

KeeFox has a button on the toolbar that changes from "Logged In" to a drop down list of all matching login entries. Just use that drop-down menu to select which account you want to fill in. If KeeFox doesn't find a match, the most common problem is that the URLs in your KeePass entries are not correct.

There are no keyboard shortcuts for this feature at the moment (but you can of course configure KeeFox to automatically fill in the best match). The very latest development build of KeeFox gives you a bit more control over what that best match is but you might be better off waiting for a more thoroughly tested version 0.8 where this feature will be included.

KeeFox doesn't display pop-ups. This option may be added in future but it's not a high priority while there is already a similar feature available on the toolbar.

I don't know exactly what the SecureLogin Shortcut is but it may be similar to the quick login feature - click on the "Logins" menu and then select the KeePass entry you want to log in to and the site will load in a new tab and you will be logged in automatically.

Unfortunately, KeeFox has only just started a beta testing period so documentation is pretty sparse. Try the KeeFox support forum if you need further help.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Fabio S
    Fabio S
    2010-02-02

I am staying for a few seconds at a website

my keefox toolbar does this:   

is this normal ?? Is this a function ??

how can i tell keefox not to do this ?

• Luckyrat
    Luckyrat
    2010-02-02

That will be fixed in version 0.8 (it's already fixed in the development snapshot version 0.7.1 and above).

Try changing the KeeFox option "enable detection of advanced forms" to disabled to workaround the bug.

Thanks,
    Chris

• +1 for a keyboard shortcut
    +1 for a pop-up when multiple login credentials exist for a form

I too am considering switching over from Secure Login (a Firefox add-on)
    https://addons.mozilla.org/cs/firefox/addon/secure-login/

It's so comfortable to hit F4, cursor down, enter instead of locating my mouse, moving cursor to an icon that is taking up my screen estate, choosing from the list with my mouse and clicking one of the options.

Also, I don't want my login credentials pre-filled which means I cannot log into the website with a single click. With Secure Login I just hit F4 and I'm in (for websites with a single username/password combination).

KeeFox + KeePass have a great potential but requiring mouse draws it back.