Trigger Problem with AutoSync and Manual Sync

Help
Sebastian
2014-07-01
2014-07-01
  • Sebastian
    Sebastian
    2014-07-01

Hello. I use 3 Triggers with KeyPass 2.26 on Windows 7. The first generates a Custom Button in the Toolbar "WebDav Sync". The second Trigger is executed if i press this button and syncs my actual KeePass DB with a WebDAV Source. And the third Trigger "AutoSync", syncs every time i save my Database on local Disc, to the same WebDAV Source. All is fine, except for one Problem.

If i press the Button for manual Sync and the AutoSync Trigger is active, it syncs the Database, changes the state of the local DB and now AutoSync comes up and syncs again, because the the local Version is changed and saved to the Disk. Is there a way to get around this "Double Sync"?

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-07-01

Your Auto-Sync trigger is being triggered by a database save which occurs as part of every sync process (in this case initiated by the second trigger). Set your Auto-Save trigger so that it is triggered by the Custom Button and eliminate the second Trigger. Your configuration will be sync only.

If you want a Save only button, disable then re-enable Auto-Sync trigger in your second sync trigger before and after the save sync.

This sort of behavior is related to the infinite loop behavior described in the trigger examples at http://keepass.info/help/kb/trigger_examples.html#infiniteloop.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-07-02