Help
Mike Spick
2013-01-15
2013-01-15
  • Mike Spick
    Mike Spick
    2013-01-15

Hi,

I was recently hired by a company in their IT department to work along side one other woman. Sadly she passed away suddenly and now I am left with the department.

It seems as if she left her computer and most of the servers here in a very secure state and I'm at a loss for gaining access. I have access to all of our users passwords, and passwords for all the servers, but anything linked with her account I do not.

I was able to gain access to her work computer and found that she has KeePass installed. Only issue is, she has a master password set, and her being as secure as she was, did not record or give this password to anyone.

I am looking for a way to be able to access her password database so I can continue on working and resolving many issues that require her password information.

Any and all help is appreciated.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-01-15

The KeePass password database is an encrypted file that has no backdoor access. If you can not obtain or guess the Master Key then you will need to find an alternate way to access the locked out accounts.