Help
Romania
2013-04-22
2013-11-27
  • Romania
    Romania
    2013-04-22

Hello,

KeePass works well within the browser. Any browser. When it has to deal with another type of window it does not work. Say OpenVPN authentication. Or when Thunderbird asks for a password I have to copy&paste the password. Am I missing something?

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-04-22

Depends on how you use KeePass. I assume you are using Global Auto-Type, so you will need to match the window title before KeePass will Auto-Type.
    e.g. if you have Notepad open, the window title is "Untitled - Notepad". You must match this either with the entry title or a Target Window filter in KeePass.
    KeePass has a tool to help you find the title. In V1 it's under Tools, in V2 it's in the entry edit window, on the Auto-Type tab. Click "Add" and use the "Target" drop down.

cheers, Paul

• Bill Beers
    Bill Beers
    2013-11-01

I hate to be the guy that just adds "me too" to the discussion, but...I'm seeing the same issue, specifically with OpenVPN auto-type. I've tried matching the window title, both with and without wildcards, using the global auto-type hotkey sequence and using the perform auto-type command, but no luck.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-11-01

If "perform Auto-Type" won't work then KeePass may not be able to type into the application.
    Have you tried the RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO plug-in? http://keepass.info/plugins.html#rdcandtcato

cheers, Paul

• Bill Beers
    Bill Beers
    2013-11-27

I think I've figured it out. OpenVPN has to run as an administrator, and unless Keepass is also running as an administrator, auto type does not work.

I'll check out that plugin--probably not going to help with OpenVPN, but I could certainly use it for remote desktop.

Thanks,

Bill