Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Uninstalling version 1

Help
PRR
2014-03-20
2014-03-20
  • PRR
    PRR
    2014-03-20

I recently installed KP 2, and see that in my Control Panel/Uninstall menu, I have entries for both version 1 and 2. I'd like to uninstall version 1, but am not sure what to say when it asks me to uninstall KP "and all its components". Will this blast away all my passwords? They were automatically imported into KP 2.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-03-20

Uninstalling KeePass 1.x will not uninstall your v1 password database file (default extension .kdb).

You should become familiar with the name and location of your KeePass 2.x password database (default extension .kdbx) so that you don't lose track of it.

It is also a good idea to backup your database (if you use a key file as part of your database Master Key, you need to back it up too). You can backup using a backup plugin, or a trigger, or a conventional backup program.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-03-20
  • PRR
    PRR
    2014-03-20

Thanks. I just uninstalled v. 1 and KP2 is obviuosly working. I do have a backup of my database, but its not something that would be terribly convenient to reinstall, so that's why I asked.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-03-20

You should have a backup that allows easy restore of your data, in case you need to recover an important file quickly - like your KeePass database.

cheers, Paul