Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Having issues building source in Visual Studio 2010

Help
E K
2013-05-17
5 days ago
  • E K
    E K
    2013-05-17

Patience...I am new at this and wanting to learn from source code. I downloaded source, opened in VS 2010, converted, built. I get the following errors. Searched the forums a bit but did not see anything that looked helpful. Thanks

1.Error 1 Cannot import the following key file: KeePassLib.pfx. The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or manually install the certificate to the Strong Name CSP with the following key container name: VS_KEY_9FD45E22421B46A3 KeePassLib

1. Error 2 Importing key file "KeePassLib.pfx" was canceled. KeePassLib

2. Error 3 Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). C:\Users\Eddie Korbz\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\KeePass\EXEC KeePass

3. Error 4 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\Users\Eddie Korbz\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Build\KeePass\Debug\KeePass.XmlSerializers.dll' -- 'The key container name 'VS_KEY_33430356D8D7D1B8' does not exist' C:\Users\Eddie Korbz\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\KeePass\EXEC KeePass

4. Error 5 The command ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\sgen.exe" /assembly:"C:\Users\Eddie Korbz\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Build\KeePass\Debug\KeePass.exe" /force /nologo /compiler:/keycontainer:VS_KEY_33430356D8D7D1B8 /compiler:/delaysign-" exited with code 1. KeePass

• David Lechner
    David Lechner
    2013-05-17

Hi E K,

Check out ReadMe_PFX.txt in the root of the source code directory. You can either unlock the dummy keys as described in that file or my you can just disable signing altogether.

I always just disable signing. To do this, right-click the project in the solution explorer and select "Properties". This opens up the project configuration editor thingy. Click on the tab that says "Signing" and uncheck the box that says "Sign the assembly"

You will have to do this for both the KeePass project and the KeePassLib project.

• David Lechner
    David Lechner
    2013-05-20

One more thing. In the 'KeePass' project, on the 'Build Events' tab, you also need to delete the 'Post-build event command line'.

• Txomin
    Txomin
    5 days ago

Thank you.