How to synchronise Keepass with Mini Keepass on Ipad

Help
2013-05-24
2013-05-29
  • lancastrian
    lancastrian
    2013-05-24

I have had Keepass portable on a USB which I have used on my PC for many years.
    I have downloaded mini keepass to my Ipad.
    Is there any way I can transfer my information on keepass portable to my mini keepass on the ipad.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-05-25

You may use whatever method you prefer to transfer an up-to-date version of your database from the PC to ipad. Dropbox comes to mind.

As far as I know, no third party implementation of KeePass supports KeePass 2.x database synchronization directly. KeePass synchronization (i.e. object base synchronization done by KeePass as opposed to file based synchronization done by e.g. dropbox) is a feature of KeePass 2.x for windows. Consequently you will need to adopt practices to minimize the number of "simultaneous" changes made on both devices and be prepared to resolve any file conflicts using KeePass database synchronization on the PC.

• lancastrian
    lancastrian
    2013-05-29

Thank you - I already have Dropbox - I am not from a technical background - how do I carry out a transfer of an up to date version of my database on my portable KeePass into Dropbox

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-05-29

If you have a dropbox folder that is synchronized on both your PC and ipad then simply copy the current KeePass database file into that folder. It should appear in the corresponding dropbox folder on your iPad. Once it is there you should be able to open it with mini-KeePass (assuming you use only a master password) or if you need to, move it. If you need help configuring dropbox see the dropbox help. If you need help with mini KeePass you can visit their site.

• You said "As far as I know, no third party implementation of KeePass supports KeePass 2.x database synchronization directly". Pleasant Password Server is a third party option that does that. You need to be bit technically minded though to run a simple webserver (at a minimum, using a simple desktop computer + dyndns).

Details about it at http://www.pleasantsolutions.com/PasswordServer/ (your ideas/thoughts are welcome).