Keepass not working with Opera 12.10

Help
2012-11-07
2013-02-02
  • Alair Krenz
    Alair Krenz
    2012-11-07

With the new Opera-Version 12.10 it is not possible to insert usernames+passwords with CTRL+B, CTRL+C and CTRL+V (with Options -> Memory -> Enhanced: allow pasting only once and protect against clipboard spies). I am using KeePass 1.24

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-07

Can you drag n drop instead?
    Do Opera say what they have changed to limit cllipboard access?

cheers, Paul

• Alair Krenz
    Alair Krenz
    2012-11-07

It does not seem that Opera explains in detail what they have changed with the clipboard access. The changelog can be found her: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/unified/1210/

I think I have to write to Opera, because it seems the this problem could not be solved in KeePass.

Thanks,
    Alan

• I had the same problem using KeePass 1.24 (again with 'Options -> Memory -> Enhanced: allow pasting only once and protect against clipboard spies'): even later Opera version 12.13 (Build 1734 Platform Win32) did not paste the password or username.

When I upgraded KeePass to 1.25, Opera began to paste them.

However, 'Options -> Memory' no longer allows the same option ('Enhanced: allow pasting only once and protect against clipboard spies'): it isn't (there) in the UI.

'Options -> Advanced -> Advanced (section)' contains the option, 'Use advanced memory protection (DPAPI, only Windows Vista and higher)'. I am running XP only, so am I benefiting from that protection? I don't know; presumably not. But why not?

For KeePass' previous version 1.24, pasting (in all my other browsers) worked, but not in Opera. It's important to identify the cause of that problem—indeed, what caused it?

BTW, I want to keep using KeePass' 1.x edition, because I don't want to need Mono when occasionally I access the KeePass database on my Linux system—I use KeePassX for that. (As of May 2012, per Wikipedia, KeePassX's support for Keepass's 2.x database is in alpha release only.)

I posted this question also in Opera's Windows discussion forum.

Last edit: George F. Sawyer 2013-01-31
  • Paul
    Paul
    2013-02-02

Dominik has changed the clipboard code - "Unified clipboard methods". See the change log under news.

cheers, Paul