Help
pumaperez
2012-11-20
2012-12-13
  • pumaperez
    pumaperez
    2012-11-20

hi there,
    ctrl+alt+a doesnt work at all. when i press it nothing happens. also ctrl+v works only on few programs. on web it looks like username isnt inserted and password is inserted in username field.
    my option is all on default. i tried to delete config files both from instralation folder and appdata folder.
    no difference when i set string manually or leave it default. also when i set it manually as {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER} it only fills password into username fields on all webs... very strange

any ideas what could be wrong? thanks in advance
    win7 x64

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-20

You need to have the cursor in the correct place before starting the Auto-type and you need a "title match" before the Global Auto-Type hot keys (Ctrl Alt A) will work.
    Have you tried the example Auto-Type in the Help?
    http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html#autoexample

cheers, Paul

• pumaperez
    pumaperez
    2012-11-21

thank you Paul.

i tried Notepad example and it worked. however i didnt realize my cursor needs to be in corect field. now most of sites works. thank you. few like box.net dont, but no big deal.

also i wanted to ask how to setup this feature for programs. for example my poker client dont have any "title". i tried to add tags, but ctrl+alt+a didnt work. ctrl+v still works great.

thanks,
    Richard

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-21

KeePass has a "window title viewer" that enters the window title for you.
    V1
    Edit an entry.
    Tools > Auto Type, select target window...

V2
    Edit an entry.
    Auto-Type > Add

cheers, Paul

• Brittney Smith
    Brittney Smith
    2012-12-13

Paul, when in KP 2.20 portable, Fx 17, I add an entry for a page (leave title blank), add PW, URL - then browse to site's login page.

Click edit for the entry for the page, put cursor in title field, then click auto type >add > drop box shows "title" of page I'm on, that I click in drop list. Now the title is in the target window box. I even highlight that (one) entry, click OK.

Takes me back to entry main window, but never enters the page title selected in above process into the entry's title field - remains blank. Thus, auto type won't work. Tried w/ a few sites - won't add page titles into KP. Must be doing something wrong?

• Stis
    Stis
    2012-12-13

I confirm that since one week or 2, autotype feature isn't working anymore.
    My apps didn't change. My Keepass version and settings didn't change.
    But doesn't work anymore, doing weird thing like opening the "Save as" window with Notepad2-mod, whatever the sequence i put in the profile.

Last edit: Stis 2012-12-13
  • Paul
    Paul
    2012-12-13

Takes me back to entry main window, but never enters the page title

Nope, KeePass won't do that. As I said previously, the title is for meaningful text, the Auto-Type target window allows specific window selection.

cheers, Paul

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-12-13

@Stis

Please open a new thread. Then we can discuss your problem more easily.

cheers, Paul