Keepass refuses correct password

Help
2013-01-18
2013-01-20
  • I changed the place where the database is located.
    But now the database refuses the key that I use for 2 years now.
    I am pretty sure that I know my key. I inserted it hundrets of times.

What could be wrong?

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-01-18

Did you use a key file as well?
    Is the database corrupt after the move? Try a backup copy.
    Did you just move the database or is this a different installation of KeePass?
    What is the error message?

cheers, Paul

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-01-18

If all you did was copy the original .kdb(x) file to a new location AND your Master Key is only a password and/or only a static key file, then you will be able to open that database using the correct password and/or static key file.

If you are having problems with a password then click the unhide button on the "Enter Master Key" dialog so that you can see the password as you enter it. If you are having problems with a key file, verify that the path to the key file that is shown in the "Master Key" dialog is correct, and points to the original key file. Also, if the original .kdb(x) file still exists in the original location verify that you can open it.

If the scenario above does not correspond to what you did or how your Master Key is defined, please provide additional details about how you "changed where the database is located" and the composition of your Master Key. The version of KeePass that you are using and your Operating System is also helpful information.

• kippr
    kippr
    2013-01-19

Is there a way to organize the items in the database by the letters of the ABC in a way that by Title first, User Name second? Now when I organize by Title the user names are organized by date of entry creation. If I organize the directory by User Name then the titles will be mixed. Neither good. Could you pls. fix it? Otherwise, great product!

• kippr
    kippr
    2013-01-19

Is there a way to organize the items in the database by the letters of the ABC in a way that by Title first, User Name second? Now when I organize by Title the user names are organized by date of entry creation. If I organize the directory by User Name then the titles will be mixed. Neither good. Could you pls. fix it? Otherwise, great product!

• kippr
    kippr
    2013-01-19

• kippr
    kippr
    2013-01-19

(Sorry for the triple.)

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-01-19

Sort by Username first, then sort by Title

• kippr
      kippr
      2013-01-20

It worked! Thanks.