Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Cannot paste INTO KeePass.

Help
Dustin
2013-11-05
2013-11-08
  • Dustin
    Dustin
    2013-11-05

Hi. I'm a newbie to this forum and the program KeePass. So thanks for bearing with me :). I used to use Windows 8, and then upgraded to 8.1, and never had an issue with KeePass. However, recently i built a brand-new computer, and my motherboard didn't support windows 8.1 drivers, so i was forced to go back to using windows 7. I am now having a terrible issue with KeePass which is making the program virtually unusable. I cannot paste into any of the fields when creating or editing an entry.

To make it more clear, when editing, or creating a new entry, i used to be able to right-click and paste into the URL, Password, title, username, or notes fields. however, on Windows 7, i can no longer paste into any of them. In fact, i cant paste into any fields in KeePass at all.

Things i have tried:

• reboot
    • re install KeePass
    • creating a new database
    • pasting into notepad first, then to KeePass
    • using a different web browser

The "Paste" button isn't grayed out, and when i paste anywhere else it works fine, but not in KeePass.

Thanks in advance.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-11-06

Can you copy from KeePass?
    Have you tried re-installing .NET?

cheers, Paul

• Dustin
      Dustin
      2013-11-06

I am able to copy from KeePass perfectly fine. I will give re-installing .net a shot

• Dustin
      Dustin
      2013-11-06

I installed a later version of .NET and that seems to have fixed the problem. thank you thank you thank you thank you.

• Dustin
        Dustin
        2013-11-06

Replied too early. It seemed to work shortly after rebooting, but then stopped again.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-11-07

Unzip the portable version to a temporary directory.
    Run the portable version and create a new database.
    Test.
    Copy the directory to a USB stick and test on another machine.

cheers, Paul

• Dustin
    Dustin
    2013-11-07

I followed your instructions to the letter and i was able to copy into KeePass perfectly fine on another machine. Should've put this in the original post but, i'm using KeePass 2.24.

• Dustin
      Dustin
      2013-11-07

I temporarily disabled Webroot Antivirus, and i seem to be able to paste now