Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

"Auto save" for "Last ...

Help
Robert P
2012-09-22
2012-11-19
  • Robert P
    Robert P
    2012-09-22

KeePass 2.19, Windows 7 (64bit)

1)
    When I copy/paste an ID and password (using buttons 5 & 6 on the toolbar), the "Last Access Time" updates, but the next time I unlock or load KeePass I notice the date & time did not get saved. 
    I do have "automatically save when closing/locking the database" checked under Options.
    I do have "lock workspace after KeePass inactivity" checked.

I have not verified if this same thing happens using other methods like CTRL-ALT-A, but I believe this method also exihibits this problem.

BTW - when I do the copy/paste, the "save" icon stays gray.

2)
    When I double click on the URL, it does not update the "last access time".  This time only seems to update if the ID or PW are copied/pasted.  This is not critical, but it seems to conflict with the name of the field.  Maybe the field should be named "ID/PW Last Access Time".

Thanks for a GREAT program.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-09-22

This is not considered to be a change in data so the Save icon stays grey. Maybe we need an additional option to make access time change a database change

cheers, Paul

• Robert P
    Robert P
    2012-09-27

Version 1 considers it auto-saves "last access" field - at least it used to.  No idea if it still does.  I recently switched from version 1 to version 2.  I used to use that field in version 1 to see when I last logged into a web site.  I know it gets saved because I remember asking a question about it in this forum years ago - and I was told to make sure "save on close/lock" was checked.  And after I checked that, the last access field began to stay up to date.
    I would very much like to see version 2 save the last access field, even if nothing else changed.
    thanks.
    Bob

• develop1
    develop1
    2012-09-28

one warning about this idea/request.
    There are those of us that rely on the db backup pluggin to multiplex all database saves to one or more target folders.
    This multiplex guarantees that we always have a plethora  of backups to aid in most any disaster recovery/brain-fart situation.
    The pluggin automatically maintains "x" timestamped versions of the database file.

As things are today, we only get timestamped backup files generated upon real tangible changes.
    If keepass behavior changed to the proposal then the routine autotype of a record would cause new backup files to be generated which of course cause the oldest historical backup to be purged.  In very short order, one's backup history would no longer contain any tangible backups but rather the backup folder would be full of versions that varied only by when records were last auto typed. The net effect is this idea is that people's disaster recovery plans would be decimated.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-09-28

V1 doesn't recognise last access change as database change.

cheers, Paul

• Robert P
    Robert P
    2012-10-05

Interesting - I think version 1 USED to.  Granted, I haven't made use of the "last used" field in a while, but I remember submitting a question about version 1 ages ago and was told to turn on the "save on lock".

Anyway - I would like to see this as an OPTION for those of us that want it.  (What good does the "last accessed" field do if it does not get saved???).