Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Matching Title

Help
danea
2013-10-20
2013-10-21
  • danea
    danea
    2013-10-20

I have an entry setup for logging into my ws_ftp connections, where the only thing in the ws_ftp credentials window title is the word "Login". I also have an entry for my bank account, where the target window text is "Ally : Bank Login".

When I do Ctrl+A for the bank, it brings up the Auto-Type Entry Selection window showing my ws_ftp entries and my bank entry.

How do I get the bank entry to work straight away without bringing up the selection window?

I've tried some regex but am getting no where. Is the problem with the ws_ftp entry and I need to somehow force it to match only if the window text matches "Login" exactly? If so, I cannot seem to get that to work? Or is there another approach?

I'm using 2.23 on Win 7.

Thanks much.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2013-10-20

Change the Title of your entry for the FTP Login so that is does not match, then define a custom auto-type (in the auto-type tab of the entry) for your FTP site. If you use "Login" (without the quotes) as the Target Window, the auto-type will not match the Ally Bank Login page because wildcards are not implicit in custom auto-type sequences.

Last edit: wellread1 2013-10-20
  • danea
    danea
    2013-10-20

Works beautifully. Dramatic, I know, but you're my hero for the day. :)

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-10-21

The match happens because the KeePass entry Title is used as the matching string and if the text appears anywhere in the application window title you have a match.

cheers, Paul