Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Auto Type questions

Help
bengalih
2013-09-12
2013-09-13
  • bengalih
    bengalih
    2013-09-12

From docs:
    "Keypass 1.x

Custom window associations override the KeePass entry title. If any custom window associations are specified, they will be the only item(s) used to determine a match and the KeePass entry title will be ignored.

KeePass 2.x Only
    Custom window/sequence associations can be specified on the 'Auto-Type' tab page of each entry.

The associations complement the KeePass entry title. Any associations specified will be used in addition to the KeePass entry title to determine a match."

The behavior in 2.x seems less flexible for my scenario. I'm trying to login to a bank with multiple pages.

If I have an entry called "My Bank" and inside there I place the first sequence needed in the "override" field. Then I add another custom entry for the password page with the sequence there. The hot-key correctly fills in the first page (username), but then when I try to use it to fill in the second page it prompts me for which of the two entries to use.

If I change my entry name to "MB" and create two custom window sequence, I don't have this problem - but I would really like my entry name to be "My Bank" without any funky formatting.

Any suggestions?

Also - I might be overestimating what this was going to do...but it is possible to have it auto fill in both pages when the next page is detected, or do I have to put the hot key sequence in for each page? I think I might be able to do this with the delay command, but that isn't very fault tolerant...so didn't know if there was a better way.

I'm new to KeyPass as of yesterday - and so far finding it awesome..really appreciate it (And the droid version too!)

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-09-13

Change the title to My Bank Site.

cheers, Paul