Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

KeePass Linux - Menus only work once

Help
Ulrar
2014-07-04
2014-07-10
  • Ulrar
    Ulrar
    2014-07-04

Hi,

I just installed KeePass 2.26 on a Gentoo, and it seems to work pretty much okay at the exception of the different menus that stops working after one real use.
    I can right click all I want and it will work fine until I select something in the menu. For example, right click on a group, select "delete group", say yes to the confirmation dialog and then the right click won't work ever again until I restart KeePass.
    Same goes for all the other menus I tested, file, edit, view ... All the rest still work fine though.

My window manager is xmonad, and I did not enable the ewmh features, could that be the cause ? I know I had to configure the wmname specificaly for java applications, would mono require the same kind of tricks ?

On an unrelated problem, I tried using a webdav mount point to save my database, but when I try to save it it keeps saying that databasename.kdbx.tmp is denied when I try to save modifications. I checked in the log on my server, it's doing a LOCK and then a PROPFIND on the .tmp file, which doesn't exist. What is that .tmp file supposed to be for ? It works fine if I save on my local disk, but that's not of much use to me.

Thanks !

• Ulrar
    Ulrar
    2014-07-05

I actualy didn't know keepass could support webdav itself, I was talking about a davfs mount point.
    But it's better if keepass is able to use webdav directly, thanks :). It doesn't work yet, indeed, it says that the data doesn't match what was written and that it might be corrupted now.

No ideas for my menus problems ?

Last edit: Ulrar 2014-07-05
  • Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-05

it's a Linux / mono issue probably. I don't have any other ideas.

cheers, Paul

• Ulrar
    Ulrar
    2014-07-07

I don't know if 2.27 fixed the issue on linux, but it doesn't work on windows 7. It says that the content doesn't match what keepass has written and that the database is corrupted now.
    Is there some kind of known issue between keepass webdav support and owncloud ?

As for the menu thing, it is indeed a mono issue, I found some other mentions of it on google, I'll try to find a fix and post here if I do.

Last edit: Ulrar 2014-07-07
  • Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-07

Corrupt files are usually caused by things other than KeePass. Your can attempt to recover the database or restore a backup.
    http://keepass.info/help/base/repair.html

cheers, Paul

• Ulrar
    Ulrar
    2014-07-07

Well the database is almost empty, I created it specifically for the test. It just doesn't work, don't know why.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-09

Please provide the steps you used to test. Where did you save the file, how did you access it, etc.

cheers, Paul

• Ulrar
    Ulrar
    2014-07-09

I uploaded the file though the web interface, opened it with the url https://my_ownclound/remote.php/webdav/db.kdbx and typed my master password. The file open fine, I can see all my groups and everything. Then I added a group then saved, and the database get corrupted there.
    I tried both with and without file transactions.

I switched to a SFTP mount on my linux, and through the IOProtocolExt plugin on my windows, and it seems to work well for now. Good thing to note is that if I enable File Transactions on windows, using the plugin IOProtocolExt of course, my database gets corrupted. Without file transaction it seems to works fine (but only for sftp, webdav never works on both windows and linux).
    I guess for now I'll just use it without file transaction and set up a cron job to backup my database on the server. I still hope to find a way to make webdav works though, sftp through IOProtocolExt takes a while to save changes.

Sorry if I'm not clear, English isn't my mother tongue.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-10

Are you able to post the server log so we can see what is happening when you save?

cheers, Paul