Keepass 1.24 not clearing password from clipboard

Help
Fontaine
2012-12-13
2012-12-14
  • Fontaine
    Fontaine
    2012-12-13

I've been using Keepass for years but just noticed that when I copy a password using CTRL+V, or right click 'copy', and then paste using CTRL+V, or right click paste, the password will keep pasting long after I've closed keepass. I have the option enabled for the database to clear the clipboard after 10 seconds, and I've tried other numbers, but nothing works. I can keep pasting my password into notepad, browsers and any other programs.

I'm not using any clipboard management software and my security setup consists only of microsoft security essentials.

Please help!

Edit: As a follow-up, I use the same database with KeepassX on my Mac and have the same issue. The clipboard is supposed to clear after 10 seconds and it does not. So the same database use on both windows and mac.

Last edit: Fontaine 2012-12-13
  • Paul
    Paul
    2012-12-13

Try double clicking on the password.

KeePassX is not KeePass. Are you sure it's the same arrangement?

cheers, Paul

• Fontaine
    Fontaine
    2012-12-13

I don't understand -- when I double click on the password, it only highlights the field. Can you please explain further?

I know KeePassX is not KeePass but I use them both to open the same file. I have the settings the same in both.

I've also placed a check in "drop to the background when copying data to the clipboard" and it does nothing when I copy data. I'm copying data by highlighting a field and pressing CTRL+C, or right clicking and selecting copy.

I don't understanding why nothing related to the clipboard works like it should with this software.

• Fontaine
    Fontaine
    2012-12-14

I figured out the problem. When I copied a password, I was highlighting the password and copy the highlighted field.

The proper way to copy the password in Keepass is by highlighting the password entry and selecting "copy password." When I do this, it clears from memory after 10 seconds.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-12-14

Double clicking on the password in the list view does the same thing. Same for the user name.

cheers, Paul

• Fontaine
    Fontaine
    2012-12-14

Ah, yes, I see now what you are saying. I did not have the password column visible in list view. Now that it's there, I can double click it and it clears after ten seconds. Thanks Paul!