SFTP Synchronization?

Help
Josiah
2011-03-10
2013-06-04
  • Josiah
    Josiah
    2011-03-10

Can KeyPass synchronize database files via sftp?  I'd like to use KeyPass on multiple computers where manually moving the database file would be too cumbersome.

• Paul
    Paul
    2011-03-12

There is no support for SFTP, nor is it likely. The database is secure, so transmitting it across the internet is not a problem.

cheers, Paul

• TeroL
    TeroL
    2011-03-30

I would also like to see sftp synchronization. Not because it's secure but because the server I'd like to use doesn't support ftp, only sftp.

• Anonymous
    2011-04-19

I would also like SFTP support.  While it is true that the KeePass database file is safe to transmit, FTP only allows cleartext passwords, and is not an acceptable substitute.

• Jotham
    Jotham
    2011-06-23

Hi,  I'd also like to see a SFTP plugin for the same reason.  I'm actually not sure that may servers have vanilla FTP running these days at any rate.

• baje
    baje
    2011-06-26

Hi !

Just a simple post to just say : THX !

I just start to search for a plugin like that TODAY and i see that. And it's work perfectly. Thx one billion time !

• Ryan
    Ryan
    2011-06-29

This should be added to the plugin page! This is something I have been waiting for and I am sure many others!

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2011-07-12

KeePass 2.16 has been released, and version 1.2 of IOProtocolExt is available from the plugins page:
    http://keepass.info/plugins.html

Best regards
    Dominik

• Anonymous
    2011-07-15

Why not using dropbox?
    It automatically syncs your database and sends it to your other computers. It is also possible to use a previous version of the database (backup history). Handy when database is corrupt.

• Paul
    Paul
    2011-07-15

Dropbox can corrupt your database because it only syncs changes. You need to ensure the entire file is synchronised.

cheers, Paul

• Alwuzomondo
    Alwuzomondo
    2012-04-05

Tried to setup sync over SFTP with private/public keys, but no success so far. Now I solved it using SFTP Netdrive (www.eldos.com/sftp-net-drive) as a workaround, until private/public key SFTP is supported in IOProtocolExt.  This mounts the SFTP server on a drive letter, then you can just use the build in 'sync with file' option in Keepass, no plugins needed.