Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation

Help
Eberhard
2009-03-22
2013-03-10
  • Eberhard
    Eberhard
    2009-03-22

Hello,

in the newest version of KeePass (2.07) there is the option "Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation". How can I set this option for all entries in my database (which I have imported from version 1.x)? Is there any possibility to do this automatically? Or have I to do this by hand one by one?

Best regards (and excuse my bad english)
    Eberhard

• Brian
    Brian
    2012-02-05

This is a rather old post but I have the same question and this one was not answered.

Is there anyway to set "Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation"  globally for the entire database?  I have a lot of entries and would like to use this feature but I don't want to do it one by one.  If it is not a global option is there any reason not to make it one?

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2012-02-05

The reason why TCATO is disabled by default is mentioned in the TCATO documentation:
    Because it doesn't work with all windows, it's an opt-in feature for each entry.

You can use the RDCAutoTypeAndTCATO plugin to enable TCATO based on target applications.
    http://keepass.info/plugins.html#rdcandtcato

Best regards
    Dominik

• b9
    b9
    2013-03-10

Hi

"Because it doesn't work with all windows, it's an opt-in feature for each entry."
    I understand that, but it would be nice if advanced users can switch ON the TCATO witch one button/or config editing.