James M. Moe
linux 3.1.10-1.9-desktop x86_64
When I attempt to start KeePass in linux, I get this:
:..diy/keepass-mono> mono KeePass.exe
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KeePass.Program' from assembly 'KeePass, Version=22.214.171.12406, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fed2ed7716aecf5c'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'KeePass.Program' from assembly 'KeePass, Version=126.96.36.19906, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fed2ed7716aecf5c'.
..diy/keepass-mono> mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.6 (tarball Sat Oct 29 18:16:09 UTC 2011)
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
Misc: debugger softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
try if one of these works:
mono -runtime=v2.0 ./KeePass.exe
mono -runtime=v4.0 ./KeePass.exe
I have (had) the same problem and the first one worked for me. Thanks!!
However, I now get this message in Terminal:
"WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v2.0.50727"
"Unknown errno: Transport endpoint is not connected"
I have mono runtime 188.8.131.52 installed
you might need some extra packages to run with 2.0 runtime, install:
libmono-corlib2.0-cil libmono-system2.0-cil libmono-winforms2.0-cil
i have almost the same problem. I have the same configuration as jimoe from post #1.
A few days ago keepass used to work without a problem. Im not sure what changed, but today im having big trouble with keepass.
I have some different cases:
1. mono KeePass.exe doesnt launch a gui and just quits without any messages. mono keepass.exe -help launches the help website in my browser however.
2. keepass starts, but the gui is unusable, just a windows with random colors inside.
3. keepass starts, but when i want to open a kdbx file the file is never opened. I enter the master password and then nothing happens, although the cpu load goes up for a while when decrypting the file. After the load goes low the file normaly openes, but now nothing happens.
I tried to create a new user and use kde or icwm as desktop, but with the new user i always get case 3.
I dont get it, what can i do? I tried reinstalling mono and keepass, but nothing helped.
When i launch keepass from my normal account i randomly get all three cases from above.
What could have messed up keepass so much, since it used to work just fine some days ago.
The suggestions from jtaylor108 dont help.
Hi again, today everything works again. I just dont know what caused the trouble, just installed some package updates and now everythings ok.
Were they mono updates?
No, those werent mono updates but some python, php, systemd, openssl, upower, snmp, svn, bsdtar, mozilla-nspr, serf and gvfs updates.
Hi there! There's closely the same problem in other topic:
Read post #13 in that topic. Yepp, I'm lucky. :-]
BTW, I'm confused about whether to post new feedback about this issue.
PS: I'm Debian user, and there's no updates for Mono for last week or so (on first PC - debian testing i386).
Second PC (debian testing amd64) has clean install one day ago or so.
If it helps, OS was installed at first PC in later March and, of course, there were updates for Mono too.
Maybe, newer Mono builds are misbehaving in clean install / configuration, but older ones aren't ?
PPS: english isn't my native language, as you've seen. Corrections are welcome, blind criticism is lesser.
I got the OP problem and I solved it by installing mono-devel.
James M. Moe
Huh! Yes, installing the mono-devel package got KeePassX working here as well. It is rather unfortunate that I need the development package to run an end-user program.
I just tried doing something useful with KeePass v2.20.1: import a database from a v1.x file. The error message stated (paraphrasing) "This can only happen on a real Windows OS since the import facility only exists there. You are SOL"
The KeePass V1 import routines are in a DLL and that only works in Windows.
You could export the V1 database as a CSV and then import it into V2.