Unable to open a .kdb.kdb file

Help
2014-03-26
2014-03-28
  • Hi,

I have saved a file containing passwords but contrary to my other backups (format .kdbx, which i can open fine) this one is under the format "Database.kdb.kdb". I dont manage to open it.
    Here is a screenshot with the blue format kdbx (works fine) and all the white ones .kdb (cannot open) http://i.imgur.com/Ez6qKYn.jpg

I have this version of KeePass and I run Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for helping,

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-03-26

Please re-post the screenshot using the 'Add attachments' link next to the Post button.

I have saved a file containing passwords but... this one is under the format "Database.kdb.kdb".

KeePass 1.x format password files (e.g. files that KeePass 2.x exported to the 1.x password file format) can not be read by KeePass 2.x. However, changing the file extension does not change the format of the password file.

I have saved a file containing passwords....

What exact steps did you take when you backed up (saved) the password file, e.g. Export, Save As, Copy? Did you change the Master Key? Have you changed the Master Key of the current database since making the backup?

I have this version of KeePass...

What version(s)?

• Hi,

I didnt understand how to import these .kdb files

I have saved the files doing Save As > Save to File.

I have the 2.25 version of KeePass.

Thanks

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-03-28

I didnt understand how to import these .kdb files
    I have saved the files doing Save As > Save to File.

Is your problem solved?

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-03-28

Do you still have the original database? If so go back to it and start again.

What are you trying to achieve with the copy / backup?
    If you want a straight copy, use Windows explorer to copy the database to the new location.
    If you want a subset of passwords, put the required passwords in a group and export the group to a new V2 database (kdbx).

cheers, Paul