KeePass 2.23 for OS X does not start

Help
Skeeve
2014-05-28
2014-05-28
  • Skeeve
    Skeeve
    2014-05-28

I am looking for a KeePass Manager for my old 10.5.8 and since Mono and X11 are both still compatible to 10.5.8 I installed the OS X version from http://keepass2.openix.be/

As I can't find any support or contact information there, I hope someone here can tell me how I can fix that.

When I just double-click the APP to start, it silently dies.

When I start from commandline, I get some information at least, but don't know what I can do to solve my problem.

This is what I get:

$ /Applications/KeePass2.23.app/Contents/MacOS/KeePass2.23

Unhandled Exception:
    System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.11/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
      at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
      at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/2.10.11/lib/libgdiplus.dylib
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
      at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
      at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

• Skeeve
    Skeeve
    2014-05-28

Thanks for pointing me there, but it did not help :(

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-28

Are you sure yo have all the mono bits installed?

cheers, Paul

• Skeeve
      Skeeve
      2014-05-28

I have no clue. I simply installed the package linked from the page mentioned above.

Anyhow: I give up. Have to find out how to get rid of mono.

I installed KeePass now in Crossover. Seems to work.