Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

unable to locate predefined kp templates

Help
Anonymous
2010-03-18
2012-11-19

• Anonymous
    2010-03-18

Unable to locate any predefined templates on this version or on version 2.09 .

Keypass 2.10
    KPEntry -templates 2.10

• What does File -> Database Settings -> Templates say in your database?

Also, what do you mean by "predefined"?

• Anonymous
    2010-03-18

File -> Database Settings -> Templates says. Templates

This is a group I have defined along with 7 subgroups in the keepass database.

I have created a new template in group template->credit card, but was not able to set a template parent for my group personal-> credit card

I also understood there to be predefined templates, templates that were already created for entries such as the following; general, windows, network, internet, email, homebanking , and etc. These would be templates that I would have expected to be downloaded with one of the plugins or the keepass installer.

If there is no such predefined templates is there a somewhere I can locate a sample set that was already defined by someone?

• Paul
    Paul
    2010-03-19

There are no pre-defined templates - you are welcome to make some for us.
    You should create a template group - call it Templates - then set that as the template group under File > Database Settings > Templates.

cheers, Paul

• I assume he's looking for the same thing I am.

I'm coming from SplashID, a rather slick commercial product.  I realize that I can use SplashID as a source of ideas to build similar templates in KeePass.  But, that is such a common task that it seems odd that nobody has done that for the community.  I've spent an hour searching around and haven't been able to locate something like this.

I can't figure out if such a thing is even possible.  My best guess, as a brand new user, is that I can create a new database and have it store only the templates.  And then I could import that into my working password database?

I need it both for myself, and, I'm thinking about moving my mother from SplashID to KeePass.  I don't want to have to sit at her machine for an hour or two recreating the templates by hand.

I see that your reply is two-and-a-half years old.  Has someone done the work for us by this point?  Can anyone give me a link?

Thanks,
    Drake Christensen

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-03

Drake,

I have not seen any templates posted by anyone. I suspect there is no standard requirement, apart from email address.
    You are correct, you can create a templates database and them import it wherever it's required. You must then set the template location as described in post 4.

cheers, Paul