Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Two Page Login Custom Q's on Page Two

Help
danea
2013-04-05
2013-04-10
  • danea
    danea
    2013-04-05

I'm a new KeePass user and have poked around in the help and on the forum, but cannot find a good way to do this.

I have a bank website with a two-page login. Page one takes only username. Page two takes password followed by a random question (e.g. day of birth, year of birth, ss-last4).

I tried entering multiple custom windows but the prompt to choose comes up on page 1 when I don't know which one to use yet.

If this is doable, what is the best way to set it up?

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-04-06

I use either multiple entries or multiple window matches in the same entry with a different Auto-Type sequence for each one.

cheers, Paul

• danea
    danea
    2013-04-07

Thanks Paul. I was afraid I could not get by with one press of gat. If I understand what you mean by "multiple window matches in the same entry with a different Auto-Type sequence for each one", that will not work because the prompt would come up on page 1. Maybe I'm missing your meaning though, or just lack experience.

I know I could have an entry for the first page, which would enter the username and take me to page 2. From there I could hit gat again and have it bring up the auto-type choices based on the possible answers for the random question.

However, I'm thinking I may just go with one entry that does "{UserName}{ENTER}{DELAY 3000}{Password}{TAB}" and then just enter the last piece of data myself. Looks like the alternative is to have to move the prompt window to see the question, then choose an option, which is probably not much faster than just typing the 2-4 digit answer myself, especially since it is birthday or ss related and I won't forget it.

I doubt I've been using kp long enough to make suggestions, but it seems like an option to have kp execute the first/main auto-type sequence based on the Title from the Entry tab, and then execute a second auto-type based on matching the windows specified in the Auto-Type tab would be nice.

Am I missing anything? I'm using 2.22, BTW.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-04-07

KeePass can do just that by defining multiple window matches in an entry.
    1. Edit an entry.
    2. Click the Auto-Type tab.
    3. Add a target window with custom sequence for the first window. Do the same for the second window.

cheers, Paul

• danea
    danea
    2013-04-09

Thanks for your patience and insisting it can be done. After that I did some more trial and error (which worked much better once I realized I needed *'s in the window titles on the auto-type tab) and got it to work. I still need to hit gat on page two, which is fine. But are you saying there is a way around that? I tried playing with ^%a.

• Paul
    Paul
    2013-04-09

As KeePass doesn't test page content it has no way to tell if the page has loaded. GAT is the safest and simplest.

cheers, Paul

• danea
    danea
    2013-04-10

Thanks.