Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

KeePass Secure Desktop interferes with monitor calibration settings

Help
bkraptor
2012-12-07
2012-12-08
  • bkraptor
    bkraptor
    2012-12-07

Hello,

For my setup I am using color-calibrated monitors. This is done by loading a color profile by means of a software program that gets triggered by certain events (logon, lockscreen unlock, etc).

Recently I have found that whenever I am using KeePass with secure desktop for the master password input I lose the calibration settings for the whole desktop (secure and non-secure). This in itself would not be a problem, as I can use the loader to re-load the color settings. The problem is that I have no idea what event gets triggered or what to match against whenever the secure desktop window is presented by KeePass.

The calibration settings loader can be found inside Task Scheduler, under Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> WindowsColorSystem -> Calibration Loader. Different triggers for this program can be added inside the properties window on the Triggers tab.

Can anyone suggest what event or trigger I could use to trigger the reload of the calibration settings once the KeePass secure desktop window disappears?

Thank you.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-12-07

One of the trigger events is an event in the Event Log. You can set up a trigger in KeePass to create an event log entry using EVENTCREATE.

cheers, Paul

• bkraptor
    bkraptor
    2012-12-07

Thank you for the proposed solution - in theory it should work, but in my special case I can not implement it because writing to the Event Log requires elevated privileges, which I can't grant. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-12-08

I would have thought ordinary users could write to the Event Log. Maybe not...
    Look for another schedule trigger that you can use.

cheers, Paul