Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Corrupt Database

Help
2005-02-06
2012-11-19
  • WEll I did backup my database, but unfortunately windows 2000 in it ultimate performance ruined my database. How do I know. WEll I backup my data file to a SD card, like i always do. Reinstalled the Keypass onto my new computer and it gives me an error "file cannot be opened" dialog box. From what I have read it may be corrupt. Is there anyway to look at that file without keypass?

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-02-08

Do you have another copy of the file? This is the easiest way to test for corruption.

cheers, Paul

• I've had the same problem.  I've been storing my database on a CD-RW for a couple months now and backed it up to thumbdrive periodically.  Now all of a sudden the CD-RW version is corrupted ("File cannot be opened!") while the last backup works fine.  I was initially inclined to believe the fault was in Win2k or the media.  I certainly hope there isn't some odd failure mode where keepass can corrupt its own file.

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-02-08

Can you compare the corrupt file and the backup and tell us the difference. It may even be worth sending both files to Dominik - he may be able to see if the problem is caused by Keepass.

cheers, Paul