Help
AlexT
2012-11-04
2012-11-19
  • AlexT
    AlexT
    2012-11-04

New and still struggling with KeePass,
    Question 1:Is the entire Notes section where you key the Auto-Text encripted?
    Auestion 2:Using Auto-Text to log into pay pal just does not work for me, I use the following:
    Auto-Text: +{TAB}{CLEARFIELD}{USERID}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER} I saw it on this forum,
    I can see it populating the fields but PP rejects it, if I cut and paste the field it works, so the password is ok 

• Paul
    Paul
    2012-11-04

1. All data in KeePass is encrypted when written to the database. Some data, including Notes, is not encrypted in memory.
    2. You have not used the correct term for Auto-Type or user name.
    I assume you are using KeePass V1 as you are adding Auto-Type information in Notes? V2 has a Tab for Auto-Type when you edit the entry.
    Using "+{TAB}{CLEARFIELD}" should not be required. Just click in the email address field first - double click if the field already has your address in it.
    Try this line in the Notes field.
    Auto-Type:{USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}
    If that enters the correct data you can add Enter to the end to make it fully automatic.
    Auto-Type:{USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}

I would test it on the KeePass test page first. Saves disabling your paypal account while you test.

cheers, Paul