Are multiple usernames in 1 entry possible?

Help
2009-06-11
2014-02-05
  • Keepass User
    Keepass User
    2009-06-11

I'm trying to use keepass to enter 2 user names and a password on a website.  Does anyone know a way to do that?  I'm assuming there needs to be something to the effect of Username1, Username2, password...etc.

Help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Paul
      Paul
      2009-06-16

You need to use URL override.
      http://keepass.info/help/base/autourl.html

Something like:
      username1{TAB}username2{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}

cheers, Paul

• Jeff-Not-24
      Jeff-Not-24
      2009-06-16

I'm not sure whether you're trying to set up an entry that allows 2 different logins or is it a website in which you need to use 2 diffferent userids to fully login.

If it's the first case, then you'll set up 2 different KeePass entries. If it's the second case, then you can use the Advanced tab to enter a second userid ... or just hard code the 2nd userid in the Auto-Type field.

Thanks ... Jeff

• SuperDave
    SuperDave
    2014-02-05

I have a similar problem. I am trying to simplify logon to https://www3.aeroplan.com/home.do using Keepass 2.24. My problem is that the account/username is 9 digits, broken up into 3-3-3 followed by password. If I just type the 9 digits, they automatically break up into 3-3-3, but if I try having KeePass enter them, they all end up in the first box with the remaining boxes stayng blank. I have searched the forums for "multi-field username" and many other possibilities, but have not been able to figure out how to make KeePass enter the account number in the way this site will accept.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-02-05

It's a bit tricky, but can be done with the T-REPLACE-RX place holder.
    First I would test it with KeePass 2.25 - new keystroke engine. If that doesn't work use the following.

1. Edit the entry and select the Auto-Type tab.
    2. Add a Target Window of "Aeroplan*", without the quotes.
    3. Use a custom keystroke sequence of:

{T-REPLACE-RX:#{USERNAME}#(...)(...)(...)#$1#}{TAB}{T-REPLACE-RX:#{USERNAME}#(...)(...)(...)#$2#}{TAB}{T-REPLACE-RX:#{USERNAME}#(...)(...)(...)#$3#}

Now selecting that item will type 3 characters and then TAB.
    The "$1", "$2" and "$3" substitutions will take either the first, second or third match from the match sequence of "(...)(...)(...)", where the match is 3 characters, 3 characters and 3 characters.

cheers, Paul

• SuperDave
    SuperDave
    2014-02-05

The new Keepass didn't seem to make any difference, but your formula worked, with the exception that I took out the {tab} entries. As you enter 3 digits, the entry automatically moves to the next box, so the Tab characters were just causing boxes to be skipped.

I also took the User account number out of the Username box and put it in Notes, then altered USERNAME in your formula to NOTES. Leaving the account number in the Username space was just entering unusable keystrokes when I first went to the site, while leaving it blank gave me the chance to do the Ctrl-Alt-A data entry on a clean sign-in.

Finally, I concluded the entry string with the password, but did not include a final Enter, as I wanted to ensure that the string was correct before I tried to log on - this site has an annoying habit of locking you out for 24 hours if you enter something incorrect 3 times in a row.

So the final string is:
    {T-REPLACE-RX:#{NOTES}#(...)(...)(...)#$1#}{T-REPLACE-RX:#{NOTES}#(...)(...)(...)#$2#}{T-REPLACE-RX:#{NOTES}#(...)(...)(...)#$3#}{PASSWORD}

Thanks for your assistance! I don't think I would have been able to figure this out on my own.

• SuperDave

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-02-05

I would use a custom field for the digits rather than Notes - it's neater. If you create a custom entry called "Account" you would then use the following replace.

{T-REPLACE-RX:#{S:Account}#(...)(...)(...)#$1#}{T-REPLACE-RX:#{S:Account}#(...)(...)(...)#$2#}{T-REPLACE-RX:#{S:Account}#(...)(...)(...)#$3#}{PASSWORD}

cheers, Paul