Autotype bug

Help
aNAkjUg28E
2014-03-27
2014-03-27
  • aNAkjUg28E
    aNAkjUg28E
    2014-03-27

I've been running into a weird autotype bug since upgrading to 2.25. On certain sites (for instance, Bank of America's website), when I run any version of autotype, the username fills in correctly but the password does not enter. Though if I hit the autotype sequence immediately thereafter (without doing anything else), it retypes both the username and password correctly. The behavior manifests when I enter the username, hit enter, another page loads, and then I enter the password. It seems like loading the new page messes up the autotype somehow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-03-27

It looks like the normal Bank of America login is a two page login.

1. What it the URL of Bank of America login page that you are using?
    2. What is the auto-type sequence that fails?
    3. Does the webpage change to a password input page after the initial {USERNAME} is typed? If the page changes, how long does it take? You may need to add a {DELAY X} to the auto-type sequence.

Last edit: wellread1 2014-03-27
  • aNAkjUg28E
    aNAkjUg28E
    2014-03-27

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. https://www.bankofamerica.com/
    2. {USERNAME}{ENTER}{DELAY 2500}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}
    3. Yes, the password entry page loads, but the password is not typed/pasted in. I've varied the delay time (up to 10 seconds) to allow for the page to fully load, without any difference.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-03-27

Check whether: "Cancel auto-type when target window changes" or "Cancel auto-type when target window title changes" is checked in Tools>Options>Advanced(tab)>Auto-Type(section)

Also a 2.5 second delay might be a little short for testing.

• aNAkjUg28E
    aNAkjUg28E
    2014-03-27

Unchecked both, and it's working now. Didn't even think about that since autotype was working on some other two-page login sites.

Thanks for the help.