autotype only filling "confirm password" field, not "enter new password" Cannot change Ebay password

Help
Donald
2014-05-23
2014-05-24
  • Donald
    Donald
    2014-05-23

Updated to V 2.26. Need to change Ebay password but using autotype only fills in the "confirm password" field, not the "enter new password" field so attempt to change password is repeatedly rejected. Trying to use "copy" and "paste" results in nothing being transferred when I choose "paste" on the password reset page. I have no idea what is happening, or not happening. Help please!

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-05-23

What auto-type keystroke sequence are you using?

• Donald
      Donald
      2014-05-23

Using the drop down box which appears when I right click on the entry.

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-05-23

Paste is disabled on the password reset page. You will need to make a custom auto-type sequence to enter the new password. The procedure below is deliberately semi-automated so that you can see what is going on. The sequence only works on the change password page (not the login page).

1. Edit your KeePass entry and navigate to the Auto-Type tab. Press the Add button and create the custom auto-type shown in attached image (Target Window: Reset your password*; keystroke sequence: {HOME}+{END}{PASSWORD}). IMPORTANT Make sure the 'Two-channel auto-type obfuscation' check box (lower left corner of dialog above the Tools button) is not checked.
    2. Change your password in your KeePass entry and close the entry (if you need to recover your old password for any reason it is in the entry's history tab, you can also paste the old password in a temporary location if desired).
    3. Close the entry and save your database.
    4. Open the ebay password reset page via the link they sent you.
    5. Place the cursor in 'New password' field and press the KeePass global-auto-type hot key (default is Ctrl-Alt-A). The new password will be entered into the New password field.
    6. Place the cursor in 'Confirm new password' field and press the KeePass global-auto-type hot key (default is Ctrl-Alt-A). The new password will be entered into the 'Confirm new password' field.
    7. press the Submit but, if you are successful you will be prompted to login to ebay.

Note: that the username of the login page is already filled in, so you will need to adjust your login procedure accordingly.

Note: the {HOME}+{END} keystroke sequence above is optional. The sequence clears the new/confirm password fields before typing anything.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-05-24

I changed the password in the KeePass entry and then duplicated the entry and changed the Auto-Type on that. Saves having to re-edit the Auto-Type.

cheers, Paul