How to move an entry to another group

Help
Chancer
2014-07-18
2014-07-22
  • Chancer
    Chancer
    2014-07-18

I am running Keepass 2.27 on an iMac under Mavericks with Mono. I think that the version of Mono is 3.4.0 or at least that is what appears on the installer file.

I am trying to move an entry from one group to another. There is nothing in any of the menus that I can find to do this. I know it works with drag and drop on a Windows machine but if I try to drag and drop on the iMAC either Keepass / Mono crashes or nothing happens.

I select (highlight) a single entry. If I double click on it, it opens. If I double click on it and try to drag it to another group, Mono and Keepass crash. I have looked everywhere to see if someone else has this problem and cannot find anything. I did find an old post which said to use CTRL+SHFT+F5 or CTRL+SHFT+F8 but neither of these appear to do anything.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-18

You could copy the entry and then paste it into the new group.

cheers, Paul

• Chancer
      Chancer
      2014-07-18

Thanks Paul but that won't work either. There is no copy function that I can find. I can duplicate the entry but then it creates a copy in the same group without giving me an option to choose which group I want it in. So I still end up in the same situation!

• wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-07-18

Right click on the entry. From the context menu select 'Clipboard>Copy Entries'.

• Chancer
      Chancer
      2014-07-20

Hello Wellread1,

When I right click on the entry, nothing happens and there is no context menu. Remember all this works on the Windows version but not the Mac version running under Mono.

• Dominik Reichl
    Dominik Reichl
    2014-07-18

Entries can also be moved using the context menu -> 'Selected Entries' -> 'Move to Group'.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Chancer
      Chancer
      2014-07-20

Hello Dominik,

Thanks for this but there is no context menu and there is nothing on the main menu which allows moving an entry! This is why I am having a problem.

Cheers

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-20

What packages do you have installed? This page seems to have the minimum requirements: http://keepass2.openix.be/

cheers, Paul

• Chancer
      Chancer
      2014-07-21

Hello Paul,

I had Mono and Keepass but didn't have XQuartz. I have now installed that but it has made no difference whatsoever.

I am completely stuck with this so appreciate your help.

Cheers

• Chancer
      Chancer
      2014-07-21

Hello Paul,

I had Mono and Keepass but didn't have XQuartz. I have now installed that but it has made no difference whatsoever.

I am completely stuck with this so appreciate your help.

Cheers

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-07-21

I don't have any other suggestions - don't have a Mac.

cheers, Paul

• Glenn
    Glenn
    2014-07-22

Switch back to a PC from the fruit phone and computer :)