Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Auto-Type multiple {ENTER}

Help
2005-04-11
2012-11-19
  •   I am running version 99a and it seems that everything after the first {ENTER} is ignored.  I reading some of the posts it indicates that this should work but I don't seem to be able to  get it to work.  Help please

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-04-12

You have to place all commands on one line for it to work.
      Can you give us an example of it not working?

cheers, Paul

• su - {enter}{delay 500}{password}{enter}

entered all on one line.

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-04-19

Using 0.99b
      Notes field on one line. Auto-Type: {enter}{delay 500}{PASSWORD}{enter}
      Only works when password is upper case.

cheers, Paul

• I have updated to 99b and I have been able to get  multiple enters to work.  Now I have a different problem.  It seems that the Auto-Type that runs is not the one associated with the entry I have highlighted.  I have an Auto-Type: and an Auto-Type-Window for each of the entries.  The Auto-Type-Window value is *machine1*  or *machine2*.

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-04-20

Auto-Type-Window specifies the window title for the global hotkey (Ctrl-Alt-A by default). Auto-Type specifies the text to type in response to Ctrl-V or global hotkey.
      What is the problem you are having?

cheers, Paul

• (Ctrl-Alt-A) puts the stuff entered on the Auto-Type line in the window I am focused on.  (Ctrt-V) doesn't do anything.  The problem is when I do (Ctrl-Alt-A) the wrong stuff gets put in the window.  Instead of the Auto-Type field from machine1 I get the Auto-Type field from machine2.  i.e the password is invalid.

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-04-25

Ctrl-V only works when Keepass has focus.
      If you get the wrong auto type entry you need to be more specific about the name of the window. Keepass uses the first entry for matching window names.

cheers, Paul