Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Open URL and Auto Type

Help
2005-06-16
2012-11-19
  • I would like to open a URL in the iexplorer and the execute the Auto Type command with one click. At the moment I click first on the menu "Open Url(s) and after few seconds on the menu "Auto Type". Is it possible to do this with one click? Thanks a lot.
    Tom

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-06-18

You can get KeePass to wait before sending keystrokes.
      {DELAY X} Delays X milliseconds. It's all in the help file under Auto-Type.

cheers, Paul

• Thanks for your answer, but unfortunalty I don't help.
      At the moment I'm click first on the menu "open Url(s)" and than "Auto Type" to open a URL and than to send my user name and the passwoert.
      But I would like click only one time and than the URL will be opend and the "Auto Type" command will be execute automatically. I don't like to click two times for this task. Is this possible? Thanks

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-06-21

Add the URL to the auto-type commands, then open your browser and place the cursor in the address field. Now auto-type.

cheers, Paul

• Thanks Paul for your idee, but I would like do the full task with youn click only! I'm looking for a auto-type command which open the browser, open a url and fill in the username and passwort.
      At the moment I have to click on "open Url(s)" and than "Auto Type"  or, like Paul suggested, open my browser, place the cursor and than auto-type. That are too many clicks for one task. Is there a option for my task. I think I need a auto-type code like {OPEN URL}. That means open the "Url field" Url with the browser.
      Greetings,
      Tom

• Paul
      Paul
      2005-06-21

Doesn't exist in KeePass, Tom.

cheers, Paul

• Thanks!
      Greetings,
      Tom

• Thomas Gessl
      Thomas Gessl
      2005-09-20

I also think it must be easier and would vote for a global systemwide keyboard shortcut for the "Perform Auto-Type" menu command, even when the KeePass window is behind the web browser window.

Than we can:
      * Open URL(s) inside KeePass to start the webpage
      * Click into the User field inside the web page (often its not the default field)
      * Press a special kbd command to do "Perform Auto-Type"

Tom, would you agree this would help?
      Regards,
      Thomas G.

• Lee
        Lee
        2005-09-20

Amen. Tom!!

• Somebody posted a solution for this in the open discussions forum (look for autotype replacement).

Works very well for me (very convienent).

Disadvantage of the solution. You need to run a freeware application once to compile a little script (autohotkey). Of course the author could precompile the script for you, but it would require a lot of trust to run a program from an unknown source on your passwords :-)

• Thomas Gessl
      Thomas Gessl
      2005-10-04

I use AutohotKey already for other things. Thanks for the hint. I will try it.
      Tommi G.