Search by group and sub groups

Help
T.J. Barry
2014-04-08
2014-04-09
  • T.J. Barry
    T.J. Barry
    2014-04-08

I would really like to get a list of entries from certain group and sub groups, is there a way to do this?

Attachments
  • wellread1
    wellread1
    2014-04-08

Not sure what you mean by 'get a list'. In KeePass 2.x you can:

1. Display the entries in a group (Uncheck 'Show Entries of Subgroups' then select a group or sub-group.
    2. Print the entries in a group (Right click on Group and Select 'Print Group' from the context menu.
    3. Export the entries in a group (Right click on the Group and Select 'Export' from the context menu)
    4. Search in a group (Right click on the Group and Select 'Find in this Group' from the context menu)

• T.J. Barry
    T.J. Barry
    2014-04-09

I have keypass 2.x was using KPScript.exe and wanted to be able to get an entry list by group and sub groups. Is this possible?

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-04-09

Yes, but you probably need to program it and use KPScript in script files mode.

cheers, Paul

• T.J. Barry
    T.J. Barry
    2014-04-09

Thanks Paul. Is there any documentation or api guide of some sort about using Keepass.util, and what not to script this? Does anyone know where I can find this documentation? Or some examples to help assist?

• Paul
    Paul
    2014-04-09

The help indicates you need to be good at C and understand KeePass internals, so I doubt there is any easy doco.

It may be easier to export and sort.

cheers, Paul